Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The house we bought had a wide lot that was subdivided shortly before we bought the house. The empty lot has a house being constructed on it and I notice that our cable line coming from the alley overhead crosses over the subdivided lot. As well, the cable dips into our yard low enough that I can reach up and touch it, crosses the yard to the opposite side of the house and then is tacked along the siding back to the centre of the house. If you looked at it from overhead the line would look like a number 7.

I want the cable re done so that it is higher up (so I can put in a deck) and more direct to the house (so it does not go over my neighbours property). Will Shaw expect me to pay for this?

I've tried calling several times and have only waited on hold for 20+ minutes or left voice messages that haven't been returned.

I am not a Shaw customer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you are not a Shaw customer, the tech will just remove your line - Problem solved. Stop in to the local retail office if you are having no luck with calling in, or try the chat option on the Shaw website.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I cut it down.

What happens when I want Shaw service? Will I get charged for putting the cable back up?

Eventually I'll become a customer, but I'm too busy at the moment swinging a hammer to be sitting in front of the Internet at home.

·
Registered
699 Posts
no worries they charge you installation fees regardless of how much work they have to do. Just say the wind knocked it down one day....they will install it for you if they want your business.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It would be appreciated if you could call in and get a tech to properly remove the whole drop. Not only does it looks messy with loose cables hanging around, it could also pose a safety risk.

If you were to sign up for services, there would be no charge for a drop, and it will be a nice shiny new one to boot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thinking is that if I cut the line the exposed cable may somehow affect service quality for my neighbours. I'd rather not cut it, but I wish Shaw would have called me back after leaving voicemail.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Are you signing up with Shaw? I'm certain they'll fix it at no cost if you place an order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts