Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved to a new house that the location doesn't have a good HDTV reception. I'm planning to buy a CM4228 and place it in my attic. But the entrance to the attic is only big enough for the size of CM4221. From online pics I can see that CM4228 is just one piece, twice the size of CM4221. Can it be disassembled into 2 pieces so that I can bring it to the attic?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
cm4228hd

as for your question can it be disassemble? the answer is no. and for example my atic trap here is small and narrow too. a 4428 hd does fit in properly. I have to turn in so that it is pointing to each corner. take a square and cut it in half. you get 2 triangular shape. base and height. now the length of the longest side makes it possible for me to insert the antenna properly. measure your atic trap. if you understand what I mean by 2 triangular shape. the antenna and other odd shape size can now fit in easily

·
Registered
409 Posts
you should be able to half it. i talked to someone who did it before. drill out the rivets, then take it apart and reassemble up in the attic with nuts and bolts. lmk how the attic install goes, i'm looking at doing one in oshawa in a couple months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts