Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the home phone service provider advertised for unlimited calling but only after one month of getting the connection, the provider limited the usage ( allowing only certain minutes). Now can a provider change the existing plan at his end .

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
The contract may say they can, but doing that so quickly after a customer signs on sounds like fraud to me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
the controll is with you. the fight for the voip dollar is so fierce, I have seen $8.00 per month wih unlimited canada wide calling. one supplier even offered 1st year free. why stick with some one you don't like?

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Some companies will offer to honor the original terms of the contract or allow you to cancel when they change the terms of a contract. You probably have thirty days from the time of notification to call and cancel. Not contacting them is seen as accepting the new terms so I would call ASAP. They may offer to honor the original terms for the life of the contract if you want to cancel. If they do neither, I would take further action. Escalation the issue further up in the company, to the CRTC or an MP might do some good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts