Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've set up a callback using an extra DID in order to access VoIP long distance rates on my cell phone. I'm using voip.ms.

All works (I can make my long distance calls) except that I notice that I have 3 voice messages containing only dial tones on my cell mailbox after making my call.

Anyone know what setting I could have wrong?
thank you
g

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try increasing your Delay Before Callback; does that help?
Thanks Mango
I Increased delay before callback to 15 seconds - I still get 3 (dialtone) messages in my cell voicemail.
I've got response timeout set to 15 seconds
Digit Timeout is 4 seconds...

·
Registered
4 Posts
gazork - Here's what I did to be able to use my mobile for long distance calling.

I created an IVR with two options: voicemail and DISA.
I then created a CallerID filtering option for my mobile number; if I call my main number from my cell phone it rings like always, and as a failover option it runs the IVR.

A little convoluted, but I like it. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for letting us know about this feature I never knew about it. I just have a few questions. Okay I setup my IVR with voicemail and DISA but how do I access my voicemail? Cause I have forwarded my number with the caller ID filter to DISA but all that happens now is when I dial from my cell phone it asked for a password. After I enter password it asks for number to dial.

When I enter into the IVR menu through the voip.ms it ask for a recording in which I have to upload? I uploaded a test wav file but what is this use for? And also in that same menu it asks for Digits what are these used for?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Forward to IVR!! (call it offer DISA or whatever) Look at the IVR. You set up options 1 to go to voice mail...5 to go to DISA? (been awhile since I did this). You record a message..."press 1 to continue...5 to make a call!"
When you call from certain phones you get that menu and 1 or whatever you choose takes you to voicemail and 5 or whatever you choose let's you call out.
Simple concept but complicated to set up.
Caller ID forward to IVR, IVR choice of voice mail or DISA(recording and choices set up in IVR)

·
Registered
180 Posts
IVR is like when you call somewhere and it says "Press "1" for sales, "2" for service, etc."

So you have to setup the options you want with the digits you want and upload a message that says what option is what digit.

That way you can have "Press "1" for voicemail, "2" to dial another number, "3" to get your regular line, etc."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts