Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this mondel from Future Shop for $999.99, I'm happy with the price/performance.

Let me say first I never buy extended warentees

With that said I just bought a 3 year plan on this TV.

It was expalined to me that included in my warentee I could get a theoretically unlimited number of factory calibrations done on this set as long as I called up and told them I was not 100% satified with the picture.

Knowing that I will most likely want a calibration immediatly after installing the TV is $200 over 3 years a good deal. I can still return the warentee and get my $$$ back.

·
Registered
679 Posts
These "calibrations" will most likely be some guy "eyeballing" it. You can probabley do it better yourself with a calibration dvd, and of course you can get a professional to do it for $400-600.

If you bought the warranty just for these calibrations, its not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the local LG service centre to ask what exaclty they do during a calibration. Apperently the caoonect a laptop and have a special light box which they use to sample and adjust the image.

Apperently the calibration is more than I can do with the DVD but is it worth $200?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Intensity said:
I called the local LG service centre to ask what exaclty they do during a calibration. Apperently the caoonect a laptop and have a special light box which they use to sample and adjust the image.

Apperently the calibration is more than I can do with the DVD but is it worth $200?
Sounds like ISF calibration... $200 is a good price.
Read about it here:
http://www.imagingscience.com/
and more
http://www.isfcalibration.com/

Use your TV for a couple of months before you get it done.

You will notice an improvement....

You can have every input adjusted to look the same: HDTV, DVD, NTSC cable etc:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts