Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
I too got the letter and called Cogeco as I was still only getting 12 channels. The CSR told me that he had no idea when I would get more HD channels. :(

As a new customer to Cogeco (ex Starchoice), I complained about the lack of HD that I was being charged $6 per month for and he agreed to drop it to 99c per month for the next 12 months and then $2.99 after that.

So I guess we will just have to wait and see when / if Belleville gets more HD.

If anyone in Belleville has had an increase in channels, please let us know!

· Registered
23 Posts
I called Tech Support this morning, who were much more "clued up" on the whole issue that customer service. After 30 minutes on the phone with the guy he couldn't see any reason why I shouldn't be getting the new line up. They sent a signal to both of my boxes, but no update.

So, I called back again as instructed and they are totally baffled as to why I'm not getting the update. He said that it must be something at their end as they had received a couple of calls regarding this from Belleville.

I now have to wait for them to investigate and call me back.

My current HD line up is..

701 - CTV HD
702 - CBC HD
703 - SRC HD
704 - CITY HD
712 - ABC DETROIT HD
713 - CBS DETROIT HD
714 - NBC DETROIT HD
715 - PBS DETROIT HD
716 - FOX DETROIT HD
730 - TSN HD
734 - SPORTSNET ONTARIO HD
780 - TMN HD

· Registered
23 Posts
Mmmm, this just keeps on getting better. The tech guy wasn't very helpful and before I could ask for a supervisor he transfered me to sales who said that they were in the process of rolling out the upgrade and it could be another 2 weeks or longer before I see the channels.

I guess I'll just have to wait it out! :rolleyes:

· Registered
23 Posts
Well after Marcer's kind intervention I now have a whole bunch of new HD channels on the DVR in my living room. As I am now at work can't check if the one in the bedroom has been updated, but I can't thank Marcer enough!

It's so nice to have some put themselves out to help when my previous calls to Cogeco hadn't produced any results!

Have a great weekend my friend & thanks again! :cool:

· Registered
23 Posts
Hey Marcer

Have PM'd you again as requested with my box number because second DVR still doesn't have the updated channels depite you sending a signal to it! It'll probably be one simple setting your end when it comes down to it :eek:)

I appreciate your continued help!

Regards

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.