Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a letter in the mail from Cogeco today advising me that "following the completion of upgrades to our digital cable network in your area, you will now have access to additional digital Channels as well as all of the HD channels available with Cogeco". Of course, I checked the channel line-up and there was no change. I contacted Cogeco and they confirmed that my area had been upgraded. The CSR consulted with Technicians and was advised that the channel line-up had to be updated in each area of Belleville before coming on line. There was no timeline provided. However, after years of being in the dark in terms of Cogeco cable service, Belleville is finally on the cusp of catching up with much of Cogeco's network.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I too got the letter and called Cogeco as I was still only getting 12 channels. The CSR told me that he had no idea when I would get more HD channels. :(

As a new customer to Cogeco (ex Starchoice), I complained about the lack of HD that I was being charged $6 per month for and he agreed to drop it to 99c per month for the next 12 months and then $2.99 after that.

So I guess we will just have to wait and see when / if Belleville gets more HD.

If anyone in Belleville has had an increase in channels, please let us know!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Tech support last night since I still had no new additional HD channels showing up in my guide. Tech CSR looked at my account and stated that the new codes had not been entered on my account. He inputted the new codes and immediately new HD channels were added to my guide. HD channel line-up now looks like this:

(please note that I am a Super Sports Pack subscriber, so those channels are also available in HD)

The channels with astericks were the the only ones available in my area prior to the upgrade.

464 - NHL CI HD
465 - NHL CI HD
466 - NHL CI HD
467 - NHL CI HD
468 - NBA LP HD
469 - NBA LP HD
470 - NBA LP HD
471 - NBA LP HD
472 - MLB EI HD
473 - MLB EI HD
474 - MLB EI HD
475 - MLB EI HD
476 - NFL ST HD
477 - NFL ST HD
478 - NFL ST HD
479 - NFL ST HD
480 - NCAA HD
481 - NCAA HD
482 - NCAA HD
483 - NCAA HD
484 - NASCAR HP HD
485 - NASCAR HP HD
486 - NASCAR HP HD

* 701 - CTV HD
* 702 - CBC HD
* 703 - SRC HD
* 704 - CITY HD
705 - SUN TV HD
706 - GLOBAL HD
707 - CHCH HD
708 - OMNI 1 HD (Off Air)
709 - OMNI 2 HD
* 712 - ABC DETROIT HD
* 713 - CBS DETROIT HD
* 714 - NBC DETROIT HD
* 715 - PBS DETROIT HD
* 716 - FOX DETROIT HD
717 - ABC SEATTLE HD
718 - CBS SEATTLE HD
719 - NBC SEATTLE HD
720 - FOX SEATTLE HD
* 730 - TSN HD
731 - TSN2 HD
* 734 - SPORTSNET ONTARIO HD
735 - SPORTSNET EAST HD
739 - LEAF TV HD (Off Air)
740 - RAPTOR TV HD
741 - SCORE HD
742 - SPEED HD
743 - GOLF HD
744 - CBS COLLEGE SPORTS HD
752 - MOVIETIME HD
753 - HISTORY HD
754 - TLC HD
755 - A&E HD
756 - APTN HD
757 - SHOWTIME HD
758 - NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HD
759 - BOLD HD
765 - CBC NEWSNETWORK
770 - DISCOVERY WORLD
771 - HD NET
* 780 - TMN HD
781 - HBO HD
782 - MEXCESS HD
783 - MFUN HD
785 - MH HD
788 - SUPERCHANNEL 1 HD
789 - SUPERCHANNEL 2 HD
793 - WGN HD
794 - WPIX HD
795 - KTLA HD
796 - TV38
799 - PPV HD
800 - PPV HD

If you received this letter regarding an upgrade in the cable network in the Belleville area, then you should be receiving additional HD channels. I even confirmed this with Cogeco corporate office. When you call the toll free number, be sure to select technical support. I orginally called and spoke to Sales and Service CSR the night before and they had no information.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is interesting. The letter I received from Cogeco 2 days ago did say that I would receive ALL of the HD channels available to Cogeco due to the upgrade in my area. Belleville has sat in the Cogeco "wilderness" for many years now. Burlington and Oakville still has more SD digital channels in their line-up but needless to say the increase in HD channels that I experienced yesterday was mind blowing for the 12 we originally had (for the longest time, there were only 6 HD channels). In terms of the Super Sports Pack HD channels, it would be nice if they did not have 4 channels dedicated to each sport; but utilized the HD version similar to what they do now in the SD version, therefore having all the games in HD.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I called Tech Support this morning, who were much more "clued up" on the whole issue that customer service. After 30 minutes on the phone with the guy he couldn't see any reason why I shouldn't be getting the new line up. They sent a signal to both of my boxes, but no update.

So, I called back again as instructed and they are totally baffled as to why I'm not getting the update. He said that it must be something at their end as they had received a couple of calls regarding this from Belleville.

I now have to wait for them to investigate and call me back.

My current HD line up is..

701 - CTV HD
702 - CBC HD
703 - SRC HD
704 - CITY HD
712 - ABC DETROIT HD
713 - CBS DETROIT HD
714 - NBC DETROIT HD
715 - PBS DETROIT HD
716 - FOX DETROIT HD
730 - TSN HD
734 - SPORTSNET ONTARIO HD
780 - TMN HD

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you ask the Tech CSR to check to make sure the correct codes were applied to your account. It is not just simply re-sending the signal. The new HD channels require a different code on your account. I would call back and ask to speak with a supervisor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mmmm, this just keeps on getting better. The tech guy wasn't very helpful and before I could ask for a supervisor he transfered me to sales who said that they were in the process of rolling out the upgrade and it could be another 2 weeks or longer before I see the channels.

I guess I'll just have to wait it out! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is rather interesting that you are having difficulty. I continue to see additional SD Digital Channels get added to my guide (i,e, Teletoon Retro, Salt and Light, Grace TV, AlJazzera, 4 SuperChannels to name a few).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have not seen ANY new channels added to my guide on either of my receivers, but what can I do but just wait?

I've spoken to Cogeco 3 times now and get a different response each time :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am also in Bellevile and I just called in, I have the Full Digital All Package and short list of HD channels we have had in Bellevile for the last few years. The CSR said he set up the correct signals and sent them to my HD DVR box, reset it a couple of times but no luck, he tehm spoke to a "supervisor" but still nothing. Next he blew me off and said he would start an internal ticket to investigate.

I dont know what to expect next...

Waiting............

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, genroo, let me know how it's working.. if the channel's aren't showing, please reset the box by unpluging the the power and pluging back in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What new SD channels are we getting in Belleville?

I just noticed today that I have Setanta Sports, Big 10 and the NFL network... or are they all on preview for the summer?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts