Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see used/new remotes pretty cheap on ebay....I have a #1 and a #2 remote , but was thinking of getting a few spares if cheap enough, do i need to buy another #1 and #2 or can i buy a couple #2's and can program one of them to work with the #1 ?

Now part 2 of my question. I have another tv split from my #2 tv out in the shop, which is about 100 feet away from the house. Is there anyway to make the remote work from that far away at all?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If the #2 is IR & UHF Pro, then yes it will operate the #1 Tuner as well.

100' is pushing it, I think I played with mine when I got it and 65' was about the most, with direct Line Of Sight.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The item # you gave is a direct replacement, the price is good too, even with the shipping.

They are $75 from Bell so at that price its not bad at all.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
There are plenty of sites in the US that sell the Dish remotes fro $10-$20. And when you buy the dish versions you get all of the various key tabs in a little bag.

Most will ship to Canada but be cautious of any that are going to use a courier instead of USPS as UPS for example will slap on a $50 brokerage fee. Or if ship it to your hotel if you're planning a trip down south.

I have 4 Dish remotes and they're exactly the same and work great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts