Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
599 Posts
yeah ... keep your sub. I don't have the CT-100 but does appear from reputable sources, it's pretty solid performance.

I would change it all, speakers first. i recently purchased Focal 706V with matching CC 700 from Focal (I will add the 714V, to follow)

I cannot talk price on DHC .. other than MSRP, the (asking) $ 700 for the Focal 706V was the "best bang for the buck". I am of the opinion this price point offers very good value, particularly when referring to the 706V, it really is an outstanding speaker. If your in GTA region ..there is plenty of competition for sellers of these speakers.

I would describe it's trait as quite neutral, relaxed with a nicely refined mid range, very easy on my ears at high frequency (which is key for me). Bass is of very good quality and sufficient for 2 channel listening. I think many European stand mount will share similarity re: bass offering in this range (with exception of course) vs. North American speaker providers. Both are of very good quality. My point is we must factor in speaker trait and design emphasis, given the personal matter (and preference) of what one considers "good sound". IMO, the 706V are excellent build quality, not fussy ..and pleasing design; manufactured in France was also a comforting aspect re: quality ..I dunno .. something about the French intrigues me ..maybe my numerous visits to France and Quebec play a role..:p

Kidding aside, I'm not pushing Focal (Fo-call) on you, just sharing my experience. Maybe you will like (prefer) ..more up-front, brighter sounding speaker, for this ..audition brands such as Paradigm .. or Klipsch (horns).I also auditioned B&W many times (off-site) ..very good as well, obviously the nod going to Focal (for me)

Long story short, I'll quickly cue up and add that I would consider Marantz or NAD to pair with the Focals. If you go B&W .. try Denon and most certainly Rotel for pairing. There isn't any magic formula (and in the pure sense, differences are subtle or moot), yet do consider the electronics too. Than again .. it's all personal preference in most cases.

· Premium Member
599 Posts
Dealer Locators:

B&W Canada and Focal

i think you should at least audition Focal (the search tool is specific, meaning you will have to specify city - vs. Toronto only (in general) to obtain all GTA sources)

PSB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.