Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,516 Posts
For speakers, I'm so very into PSB. Have tried B&W, Klipsch, Energy, KEF and many others at the same price level, I ended up going back to PSB. Even after about 16 years of constantly looking for other brands of speakers (again, at the same price level as PSB).

For receiver, at $500, I can't recommend anything. My recommendation is to add about $200 more and you'll open up a whole slew of receiver selection with far better amplification system (MOSFET as opposed to regular transistor amps).

· Registered
3,516 Posts
I personally love MOSFET is due to its warmer sound. Almost like a tube amp minus the hassles and distortion level of tube-amps.

In terms of PSB, IIRC Kennedy HiFi and 2001 sell them

Alternatively you can PM me and we set a time so you can listen to my basic PSB setup.

· Registered
3,516 Posts
Just FYI that Yamaha's YPAO for sub$500 receivers don't even use parametric EQ. They used to but not anymore (hence the change of name from Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Optimizer to Yamaha "Professional" Acoustic Optimizer)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.