Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often use a digital projector and laptop in meetings with clients to make presentations and document team decisions.

I'm on my second projector (NEC LT155, 4.2 lb, 5 years old!) and it has been great, but lumen output is far short of current small footprint data projectors. I want to replace it with another powerful but small projector.

My top criteria include:
- small and light
- bright enough to project a clear image in a bright room
- quiet enough that it doesn't disturb conversation in a small boardroom
- zoom capability (for flexibility in room setup)
- capability to freeze screen and "mute" the projector (turn off the display momentarily so I can get everyone's attention).
- durability

Any suggestions?

Ricketty

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cancel that. I had the opportunity today to see an NEC NP60 in action. Wow! It's small, very bright, and quiet for such a tiny projector. It focuses and does its own keystone adjustment automatically. I've ordered one.

Ricketty

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I was about to suggest that you stick with NEC... Their pricing has been great likely. For small venue projectors, all we have been buying likely are the NEC VT700, might be a little big for you but in the rental business this is great, 3000 lumens, they are much cheaper than Mitsubishi and most popular brands. We can offer more lumens and for much cheaper rental price! Can you imagine, most companies still provide a small venue projector (2000 lumens) for about 250$ per day rental while we provide them for 95$ per day! I wouldn't with NEC for large venue projectors but for small venue, they are perfect!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Technokid. I've owned 2 business projectors, but it sounds like I don't have anywhere near the amount of experience with these things as you do.

The technician who services my NEC LT 155 yearly sees the inside of a lot of projectors, and he is also a fan of NECs. That was a good reason for me to consider them seriously. Then, last week I worked in a conference room fitted with a ceiling-mounted NEC NP 60, and it did everything I want a portable projector to do. The VT700 is definitely quieter, but it fails one important test -- I can't fit it AND my laptop in my laptop bag. I hesitate to say this for obvious reasons, but I'm definitely a "one bag" man. ;)

Ricketty

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I can't fit it AND my laptop in my laptop bag. I hesitate to say this for obvious reasons, but I'm definitely a "one bag" man.
I understand, I tend to do the same. Being on the road make one very selective of size and weight of their equipment. Afterall, you have to carry this with you and sometime to many places during the same day and the problem it causes (weight & size) might make the difference if you like your job or not!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts