Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man.. Went in a few years ago to get a DVD player, and walked out with a DVD along this TV.

Looks like I might have a burnt tuner. Can't get any channels (suddenly), but i do want to confirm it via perusing a manual. Looking for this manual online but I'm finding nothing @ all. Is there a known link out there?? Nothing from Sharp themselves.

Anyhow, any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks ahead of time.

H!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
starchoice said:
Try www.sharp-usa.com or call 1-800-237-4277.
Was all over the US Sharp site before posting and found zilch. So bummed. They don't even seem to have a section for legacy (which @ 2 yrs and change i will assume this unit is). Anyhow, will place a call today @ the Miss offices.

Many thanks again.

Does anyone know what a burnt turner costs to replace?? I swear, I can see Sharp reaching for the flathead driver right now...

H!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow... Update.

How pathetic. All the manuals (which I found on the CDN site btw) are all .exe . What is that all about?? I'm on the Mac platform. When I call them on it, they're like, "Oh well". Has Sharp heard of PDFs?? Looks like not. +, they want to charge me for the manual, from a 3rd party source: $10. Nice. And she was less than polite actually. Can't recall how much I paid, but watever it is right now, it's too much. I just feel like getting a whole new one.

H!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings, Newbie here, this sounds like my experience(s) with this crappy manufacturer. I bought a new Sharp VCR and after a year and only a half dozen uses, it failed. The so-called "customer service" line was absolutley no help whatsoever. So I took it back to where I bought it (Sears) and they fixed it for free. Now seven years after I bought a new 32" Sharp TV (tube) it too has failed. It's not so much the TV's failure that upsets me but the fact that it's the second Sharp product to fail within a short length of time. My brother bought a Sony Trinitron years ago and it lasted almost 15 years before it finally went. Does Sharp really believe that selling products with such a short lifespan will encourage people to buy their products again? Built in obsolesence is a thing of the past...the extreme past. I once owned a Braun blow dryer that was used EVERYDAY for over 20 years before it finally died. Now while I understand that a blow dryer is considerable less complicated than a TV, that experience has made me a loyal Braun user for life. Does Sharp not understand this? Maybe Sharp did this on purpose? It's conspicuously well timed with the price reduction of LCD TV's. But do they really believe that I will run out and buy one of theirs after all of this? Not a chance!

Hey Sharp do the math! Products with short lifespans + bad customer support = lost sales for life. :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone find the service manual?

my CU27FS51 just smoked too when I wasn't home. I'm pretty sure it's actually the main board but would like to see the schematic to isolate without guessing.

For the originator, just e-mail sharp parts for the main board replacement.

Not sure if it will be cheap though.. the transformer board is $60CAD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sharp Electronics (Cash Account)
335 Britannia Road East
Mississauga ON L4Z1W9
Phone: (905) 828-5063
Fax: (905) 828-5034
Email: [email protected]
www.sharp.ca
Products: Air Purifier | Audio and Video | Calculators | Cash Registers | Copiers | Electronic Organizers | Fax | Home Appliances | LCD Monitors | LCD Projectors | Notebook Computers | Printers | Projection Panels | Scanners |

1 - 8 of 8 Posts