Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - anyone know of a good (and hopefully cheap!) place to buy bulk speaker wire? I'm looking for about 150 feet - would prefer 12 gauge and I need it to be rated for inwall installation. I've checked Home Depot and only found 18 gauge, and it wasn't rated for in-wall installation... I've also looked online, but the shipping is a killer, so I'm hoping to find something cheaper at a brick and mortar store in Winnipeg. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Home Depot sells fire-rated speaker wire in the bulk wire rack area with electrical wire. You can get what you need off the roll.

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
I purchased a bulk quantity of 12ga., in-wall rated speaker wire from Monoprice(.com) when I was having my basement finished. It was good-quality stuff and relatively inexpensive, even with shipping factored in.

-- Edit - Correction --

I just checked the archives and what I ordered from Monoprice was 300' of 14ga., in-wall rated wire. The comments about the quality and shipping still stand.

(Because I needed the wire sooner than I thought, and because I forgot to ask for expedited shipping from Monoprice, I also ended up ordering 300' of 12ga. wire from BlueJeansCable.com. I later sold the 14ga. wire to jayoldschool (if I'm not mistaken).)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts