Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been searching high and low for a new TV and we are set on Samsung as we have had Samsung TVs for many years. I am looking at a:

Samsung 55" LED (UN55C6300).

Is this a good set?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
520 Posts
As long as you're happy with the TV, it's what matters most. A large majority of hdtv owners, own a Samsung HDTV.

My cousin has a 60" version, identical to this. They love it, and it's awesome.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

If you plan on wall mounting it over a fire place ... make sure the mount tilts the TV downward significantly.

Nice set ... even nicer when set up properly.

regards

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wall mount, not sure, FS has a nice one that is just 3 circles, looks flimsy, but we are looking for toward one at Costco, wall mount on a pedestal but it is part of the cabinet.

Maybe we will get the 60, who knows all I know is 240hz I heard is too fake looking, which is why I want the 120hz. So much reading to do.

My builder is mounting the rear speakers in the ceiling, 3 of them but thats for a different forum.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The new Samsungs have a slider to adjust the "fakeness". Just choose the level that looks best to you. There is also a blur reduction slider as well, which I'm kinda perplexed about because why wouldn't Samsung just have their lcds set at the least amount of blur possible and leave it at that with no adjustment. Less blur the better right? From what I've played with at the big box stores and read on other forums, most set the dejudder very low or off and max out the blur reduction as the blur reduction setting does not create a "fake" looking picture wheras high dejudder does.

·
Registered
38 Posts
-

what do you expect to be the lifetime of the samsung set, and what other options could you consider if such a need arises in the future to replace it if and when it is necessary.

go to a typical electronics repair depot. and ask them what they would consider to be the best set...

obviously its not the ones that they have sitting in a shop for a variety of reasons.

you want a honest answer... go see with your own two eyes.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, that model has a glossy/reflective screen as opposed to matte which is found on most LCD's. Might affect your decision if you have lots of light, large windows, etc.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

The top end LCD units (LED) all have glossy fronts ... just like the plasma sets.

regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts