Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rule #186: Don’t pay for something you can get for free. Introducing the Bud Phone! Now you can get a free phone line with a real Canadian phone number.

Signed up for it today.. its the real deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are limited to where you can call... For free.

How is Fibernetics / freephoneline on this 'bad list' what did they do to get on it?

I don't really see a problem with this service, I mean really you're not really losing anything on it but the time you spend signing up - Besides, if you don't like it you can just delete it...

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
You created a brand new account just to come defend Bud Phone/Fibernetics/Freephoneline? What's your connection to them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw bud phone, I wanted to know if it was any good - So I did a google search... I'm not one to dump on a service just because I read on a forum that it's on a bad list or terrible, or what have you.

Plus I'd hardly call it defending them, I want to know what is so wrong with them before I have any further dealings with them (being the Budphone account I signed up for 3 hours ago)...

Beyond that it's irrelevant what I think, if you really must know I work at Toyota.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beyond that being an obvious fail - Hanging up on customers I mean...

I only see a real reason for blocking being that someone added them to a list - Clearly I'm missing something, care to explain?

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Take it up to the admins of this forum if you don't like it. There's a larger history than your 2 days here.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll bet that they spammed this forum without consent from this site. You have to agree to the Terms of usage before signing up. And they made of the Suger Honey Ice tea list for breaking the TOU.

its not that hard to figure out. just put 2+2 together and you make 5 err. 4 ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
lol --> tbusa

MarcP not sure why you're being so hostile here I never said I don't agree with it, I like to have a firm understanding of things before I commit to any judgement...

Oh well....

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Yes fibernetics, freephoneline, budphone etc are on our spammers list and have been for a year or two.

The reason is members of the company repeatedly came onto our forums under multiple aliases posing as consumers telling us how great their services were. This despite the fact that several of our longer term members had been quite critical of the service.

Whenever we find multiple first time posters extolling the virtues of a service we become suspicious. When the posters are extolling the benefits of a service many of our members have been critical of, we become very suspicious.When they are all from the same IP address and we ascertain what company they are from, we know they are company spammers.

VoIP spammers are only placed on our naughty list after multiple spam attempts and we have clearly identified them.

Our advice is that there are many good quality VoIP providers out there and we think that you should take your business to ones that respect consumers and sites such as ours.

Our advice is to avoid any company that has routinely spammed our forums.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.