Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
FYI Check the National News tonight on CBC and CTV.

Toronto had another MASSIVE storm this evening, comparable to the MASSIVE storm of Aug. 2005.

The flooding is unbelievable; a local transit train had the first level of the train flooded out, a major freeway in Toronto (Highway 427) had cars floating and sinking on the highway, and a building collapsed in the west end of the city.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did have an outage yesterday (070813 @ 5pm) for about 30min.
Everything almost back to normal, except for CBC channels (SD & HD), the audio is all messed up, meaning that there is sound, but it is very low. All other channels work fine except for CBC channels.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Presumably Bell is out everywhere... due to heavy rain in T.O. ... according to weather radar. Here in the west GTA, a few dark clouds and WIND ... but no rain...

Spoke too soon: Bell is back after ~ 10 minutes, but now it looks as if it's about to deluge here as well!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Signal out now North of GTA.

Think this is my reception, uplink will likely go soon as this line slips South East.

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
You might have been affected by the uplink. I looked at 3 different radar sites before going for my run and all claimed the rain would hit Toronto after 5PM, but it hit almost an hour early. I just got back after waiting under some front porches during the heaviest rain. Heavy rain was pretty brief. Perhaps a bit of weakness at both ends, yours and the uplink.

Edit - More on the way all evening...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Outage in Penticton, BC ~12:28 to ~12:50

Outage in Penticton, BC ~12:28 to ~12:50. :(

No signal on Nimiq 82 or 92. It came back weak. I notice severe thunderstorms are occurring in Toronto at the moment.

When the uplink is lost do the transponders go quiet?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts