Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

881 - 887 of 887 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
They don't have the horsepower or onboard memory to carry the logos. Much less, getting them piped down to every receiver would be an insane amount of data to push.

It'll only ever happen on a new receiver, but anything already around won't see that.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #882
Although I no longer have BTV, from what I can tell not so much colour and that but the way channels are on the IPG. Especially locals. BTV needs o reline their channels so all the locals(english)are in different area.

Nell Fibe has this issue with their ethnic channels and Rogers isn't that far behind.

That's the one thing that bugs me the most having things out of order gets me frustrated and angry.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
I checked the 9500 thread and the guide posted there doesn't have channel logos.

Interesting tidbit - the guide you linked is dated Friday, Jan. 23. The last time that date occurred was 2015. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Its been such a long time...

So it's been a little over a year and a half since this thread was last discussed in! Is BTV IPG still the same as 2013/2014? I've had Fibe since 2013, and the guide has been the same more or less. I have a friend who has Directv with the genie and it looks okay. I still believe Shaw) cable has one of the cleanest guides. Its a little slow on my grandparents box, but its probably the best out there IMO..

What does everyone think?

881 - 887 of 887 Posts