Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

861 - 880 of 887 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
As I have no never had anything other than an HD receiver I did not know that. I have always assumed that we all had the same guide. I will keep that in mind before I open my big mouth in the future.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I stand to be corrected actually the 4100 receiver does have programming detail in the top left hand corner of the guide. The 3100 receiver does not. The problem is when you do a search by entering for example NFL all you get is a big list saying NFL Football but not who is playing. That is when you have to push the info button on each one to see who is playing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't like having to highlight each channel to see what NFL teams are playing. It was way easier just to page through the guide. I'm going to have to complain, & we all know how effective that is.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I can't seem to scroll as far as I used to with this new guide. I can go ahead about 8 hours on the 3100 receiver before it pauses and reboots itself for the rest. I use to be able to go about 24 hours. I think this new guide is probably using up more space in the memory so you can't go as far.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Funny, I just said the opposite with my 9400 last night...

So maybe they gave more disc space over to the guide on the PVR's..

·
Registered
806 Posts
Paging through the guide for NFL football games on my 6131 receiver is still quite useless as they all say the same thing, NFL Football. Highlighting the game and then pressing info on the Winnipeg CTV hd channel you get Det. @ N.E. but the actual game being shown is G.B. @ Min. Complaining to Bell TV has no effect, so this is how it's going to be for the rest of this season and perhaps next season too.

·
Registered
990 Posts
After they fixed the NHL listings to include the teams I thought it would just be a matter of time before they did the same with the NFL, CFL , etc., but nothing seems to have changed in the last two weeks.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't have NFL Sunday Ticket but I'm curious how those games appear in the guide. Every channel saying NFL Football, thanks a lot. Anyway Bell TV will consider the CFL guide problems fixed after next Sunday, and the NFL in early February.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Recording all episodes of a show, when they are all episode 1

I have been spending a lot of time with someone in hospital lately watching The Price is Right, and for one reason or another, missed the showcase showdown, the only real reason to watch the show in my opinion other than pass time.
So I have a Bell 9242, and I thought I'd set it up to record new episodes, but that only worked for the 1st episode. Every other one is skipped because it appears all are called episode 1, even though all have the original air dates that are different. Even changing the PVR to record all episodes does not work as the unit sees episode 1 already recorded and skips every other episode 1.
I have found the only way so far is to go into the timers and restore each of the future skipped events to get them to record, a bit of a pain, for my Price is Right fix now.
I'm sure other shows must have a similar problem with recording when all are called episode 1, any suggestions other than getting a job at Bell programming the guide.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Blackloz, thanks for suggestion, but I have just been restoring the timers to get it to record. However, this is a problem at Bell's program guide not having the right information added as some timers don't have to be restored as they show the correct episode number, something in the 5000 area I believe even though Price is Right are over 7000 episodes now. The guide should be correct for it to work properly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Ties That Bind. HBO Canada, Bruce Springteen

In The IPG , It is listed as a Movie. (1985) Filmed by her daughter, a woman remembers growing up in Nazi Germany.. but is a show about Bruce Springsteen's album The River.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bell sat tv guide - now useless

A year or so ago the GUIDE was wrong once in a while

Now it has become almost totally useless -
Miss posting of "NEW" shows
- multiple wrong ORIGINAL AIR DATE,
poorly written & misspelled program INFO
rife with spelling as well a grammatical errors

It has now become a complete joke & Bell should be ashamed of producing such a low quality product... :frown

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Somebody correct me if I am wrong. I don't think Bell produce their programming guide. I think it is done by a third party. Which probably explains why it is crap.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
BDUs have a choice of where they obtain the program guide info. Rather than pay a reputable guide provider they farm it out to cheaper guide services with little experience or expertise. If Bell's guide data is inaccurate, it's on them for bad management decisions that hurt customers to pad their own pockets.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I've given up on the guide - it is useless!

Almost any non-Canadian cable show has the original air date from another country, even though it is a premier in Canada. Sometimes it shows new, other times it doesn't.

The episode numbers jump around - and I don't get the four-digit codes that are used. Episodes should be sequential, but randomly are not.

My biggest frustration is the last minute changes - the guide for a week will say a certain episode is on, and then the guide changes just minutes before the show and deletes the PVR timer:frown

And Bell probably wonders why I keep cutting my packages down, watch less TV, and get my programming from other sources that have shows laid out sequentially, with correct dates and descriptions.

My OTA tuner gets free data, and it is always correct - not sure why a pay service is so messed up and incorrect.

·
Registered
420 Posts
A year or so ago the GUIDE was wrong once in a while

Now it has become almost totally useless
I concur, but in true corporate hamstringing fashion, boardroom executives at Bell are more interested in pushing "price adjustments [to] support our continued investments in network, product and service enhancements" as per bell.ca/smile -- yes, that's actually the URL they've chosen to tell people how wonderful it is that they're arbitrarily hiking rates for all services every three months, while they also "enhance" things like turning the EPG into totally unreliable garbage.
Some of these corporations are like bad politicians -- never answer questions directly, spend more on PR spin doctoring than anything else, and treat existing customers like scum. Imagine having a one-on-one dodge-the-question conversation with George Cope. "So, the EPG is getting worse and worse now that your company has outsourced it to shady third-parties." "We continually invest in network, product and service enhancements... [lip-service, lip-service, etc.]" :mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
EPG

Will Bell satellite ever get an update to it's epg similar to the one that fibe tv uses with the station logos beside the channel number

·
Registered
451 Posts
I agree..... the Bell IPG isn't very attractive at all....look at Shaw Direct, gorgeous logo's...looks so much better then Bell's!

861 - 880 of 887 Posts