Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 887 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Look at the 6400 or 9400 threads, there are pictures on them of the upated IPG.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if they can or not, but I also hope they download this New IPG on the 9141 & 6131 receivers. By looking at that pic NYR provided I can tell you this, someone with a visual disability(myself) can read this way better then the present IPG(Blue one)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bell Channel Guide Appearance

About the middle of last week the channel guide on my 6141(my oldest HD receiver) changed in appearance while my 9242, and 6131 remained the same. Instead of a blue background with the channel listed in white boxes in blue letters, the guide has a darker blue/ black background with the channels listed in black boxes and white letters. Has anyone else seen this. Not that I am complaining, I actually kinda like it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Seems odd that they would change the guide on an older 6141 and not the 6131, 9241 or 9242. Maybe that will come later. I would post pictures if I knew how.

·
Registered
3 Posts
its just because the 6141 had a software update..."v172" instead of the former soft "v170"....the guide is like those on the fiber tv i think...

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Based on NYR's picture, I like the new guide. The text does seem to stand out more clearly. Black always looks stunning in HD. Hopefully all receivers will be switched over soon.

·
Registered
420 Posts
not so fast with the compliments

My 6141 (with EHD attached) just got the updated EPG; me no likey for the following reasons:

• it erased the PVR's manual timer schedules (I had to reprogram them once I discovered this had happened)
  • it does not show episode number or original air date in the main EPG screen like it used to do (now you have to press info to see this :mad:)
  • pause live TV (or back/forward navigation) timeline bar is now opaque and covers up part of program (used to be semi-transparent) :mad:
  • OTA channels are no longer coloured yellow (or differentiated in any way from subscribed satellite channels)
  • EPG now seems "smaller" since it does not stretch from the full left to full right side of screen (why not? "safe area" was an NTSC thing; I have it set to 16x9 1080i output :confused:)
  • radio stations current song data display now just a dull grey box without the music notes symbols
  • PIP preview screen inside EPG is now smaller -- too small, I say! :(

·
Registered
291 Posts
The new interface downloaded last night to both of my 6141's.
It looks more, well, professional but I do have a couple of issues.
First of all when selecting the different "Lists", the little box in the upper right-hand corner changes colour but nothing else changes colour, including the current time and channel indicator (the little box that indicates the current channel in the guide when it first comes up).
I find this confusing. That little indicator should also change colour based on which List you are viewing. In other words, there should be a much better indication of which List you are viewing.

Second, when in "All HD or All Chan" list, the channels you are not subscribed to are greyed out. It's the lesser of my two complaints but it's not as obvious as in the previous guide.

My PVR timer schedules are unaffected.

The Pause display is different but I can live with it.

The Program Information screen could definitely use a larger font. It isn't as if there isn't enough room for it.

1 - 20 of 887 Posts