Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like HDNET will cease to be carried by Bell as of Dec 7th ( according to INFO on guide )

making room for new channels in HD Theme Packs ??

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hope this isn't true, while it is not a mainstay for my viewing, I do keep close on what is on this channel.

Great Concerts, MMA Coverage, etc.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I saw that notice in my guide as well about HDNet, and wonder if it is exclusively Bell that won't be carrying it anymore, or if all Cdn providers will be doing the same? Perhaps it could be rights related or something similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HD Net on Bell TV

Upon hearing about the move of HD Net from Bell TV, I contacted their CEO whose name is Mark Cuban. He said that Bell wanted to put them into a theme pack that likely no one would opt for. I asked him about other TV providers and he emphatically said that Rogers and Shaw among others are keeping them in their channel list. He urged me and perhaps others to complain to Bell if we feel strongly about the move. I have found him quick to respond so anyone interested could Google HD Net and under the contact them area there is his e-mail address. I shall miss HD Net so will start to rattle Bell TV for whatever that does although Sportsnet One got placed quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HDNet

I recently emailed HDNet, and apparently they have not been able to come to terms with a carriage deal with Bell....
Hopefully in the next few weeks both entities will be able to iron out a deal....
BEJA

·
Registered
694 Posts
I highly doubt that, they were probably negotiating for awhile now and just cannot see eye to eye so Bell is pulling the plug, usually when a channel gets removed it doesn't get added back. If they were going to iron out a deal a deal would have been done already without Bell having to pull the plug on the channel , with them pulling the plug it is very unlikely Bell will pursue HDNet for the foreseeable future but again I am no expert and please if anyone knows more they can correct me .

HDNet being removed by Bell was a shock to me for sure. I think a lot of their customers do like this channel and are not going to take this news lightly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow another EPIC FAIL for Bell... I wish the BellTV subscribers would stand up against this...

Someone's ready to start a website / social group agaisn't this ?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Just emailed Cuban.

It isn't really clear if this is Bell's decision or HD Net's, however. In my email, I told him that they shouldn't be concerned about being in a bad theme, that loyal viewers would vote with their wallets and subscribe. I know I am not alone.

Who should we talk to at Bell (that wouldn't be a waste of time)?

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
This is crap..take away a popular HD channel, but keep golf HD, all these darn sports HD channels, SUN HD . It is close to worth moving my money to another provider.

It is frustrating, they removed Discovery HD and replaced it with Discovery world as well. I really hate our broadcast system in this country.

Alt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Really sad to see that another jerk at Bell has decided to make a looser move by dropping HDNET.

Hope that a lot of people will be contacting Bell about this stupid decision.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We need more info on this. Right now HDNet shows up in every HD Theme Pack you can subscribe to. Did they want to put it into just one pack but could not agree on which one?

I can't do without Trailer show and Drinking made easy............

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I'd start calling and complaining to Bell.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Hugh (or anyone else), do you have a contact for someone high up at Bell that we should talk to? I figure it is a waste of time to speak to a CSR.

Here is the response that Mark Cuban sent back to me:

if we do it for bell, we have to do it for everyone and we lose 90pct of our subscribers because it will be too expensive to resell everyone on signing up.

pls call them and let them know how upset you are.

and we are available on other providers as well. so if you can switch

m
I understand where he is coming from, but from a business perspective, I'm not so sure. Losing Bell means zero income from Bell. Yes, allowing a different theme pack will likely cost them subs. However, the number will still be greater than zero. Perhaps the other carriers are pressuring HD Net to be in a different theme as well, and Cuban is trying to avoid the precedent with Bell?

I honestly don't understand Bell. They are already way behind Rogers (for stations carried). To DROP a station that your competitor carries is mind boggling.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I just e-mailed Bell's customer service team and let them know how upset I am with Bell dropping HDNET. I also told them that I am seriously thinking about pulling all of my services with Bell and going to a competitor. They need to iron things out with HDNET! There is so much waste with Bell TV such as HD channels being in both the 1000's and the 800's... still after how long were they supposed to remove the 800's? I hope they change their minds about this.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is frustrating, they removed Discovery HD and replaced it with Discovery world as well. I really hate our broadcast system in this country.

Alt
Does anyone ever read the rest of the forum? I mean this has been discussed all over it in the past, again DiscoveryHD was rebranded to Discovery World HD, Bell did not remove the channel, it was rebranded and discussed a million times everywhere.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.