Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't heard yet, the 2 Americans from Seattle are coming to Ottawa on September 4, 2018. While syndication is often common in the evening, afternoon and weekends on Canadian music stations, this is one of those few rarities where a foreign morning show is brought onto a Canadian morning show on a major Canadian music station. Not sure how this plays into their license, but I'm sure the CRTC does have some type of ruling when it comes to syndication. I know over in the UK, Ofcom has regulatory rules over local morning shows. I wonder if this will result in a "jump" in their ratings... https://www.milkmanunlimited.com/milkmanunlimited/jump-106-9-welcomes-brooke-jubal-in-the-morning

·
Registered
580 Posts
There's a minimum percentage of programming in each broadcast week that must be 'local', but it's not regulated by daypart as in the UK.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Never heard of them but Cool. So they (Brooke & Jubal) are not physically moving to Ottawa right? just their radio show is being syndicated on an Ottawa based radio station, right?
Cus a similar thing happened in Toronto recently, The Breakfast Club which is a popular US Morning Radio show based in New York City, and heard all over the Continental US, was recently syndicated on Toronto Newcap owned station 93.5 The Move (formerly called Flow 93.5 FM). This is nothing new, and they usually put commercial breaks in the show and put Local Toronto based commercials, and if they do not play enough songs to meet cancon requirements they have the rest of the day to make up for it with their own produced shows. Nothing new here but cool

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To the last comment, difference with Flow 93.5 (or the Move as they now call themselves) airing the breakfast club and Jump's Brooke and Jubal show is that the breakfast club only airs during weekends while Brooke and Jubal is a main staple being the lead morning show for a major Canadian city... Now if Flow decided for whatever reason to get rid of Blake and Peter, and replace them with the breakfast club, then that would be comparable with what Jump is doing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts