Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get what you're saying but I don't know that it was improper perse. When we had 2+ services with Rogers for 3+ years they automatically apply the discount. Who in their right mind would ask that it be removed? About 2 years into that agreement my Mom passed away, my Dad had no choice but to sell his home, cancelling his internet and cable services, the account remained active due to our cellphones and I'm guessing they let the discount ride out for the remainder of the original 3 year agreement for all other services ... idk, to be honest my Mom handled all that. Sure, I'm thankful for the discount, I didn't come here to discuss the morality of the subject ... I'm still unemployed and can't afford my cellphone bill ... when I signed the contract I could - I didn't plan on my Moms passing, my Dad moving, my search and expense for my own shelter or my job loss ... Anyhow, retentions department offered me $10 / mo discount. Super. I think I'll bite the $470+13% fee to get out, it's not a lot more than buying my Blackberry Bold outright and getting unlimited no contract service for $40 a month from Wind Mobile.

It's unfortunate that the best deal Canadians can seem to get from service providers is when they sign a contract ... life doesn't come in 3 year contracts so I guess my only option is to stop signing them and pay the premium ... or move to Europe or the US where you don't get screwed (as bad) for service.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that you were at fault for that, or that you should be charged for it. The bundle not being removed was Rogers' fault, but it should have been removed as soon as the other services were cancelled, and it wouldn't surprise me from Rogers (or any telecom in Canada) if they tried to retroactively charge you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I read someones story on a forum board about that :( Seems unfair since they auto apply the bundling discount, so I understand.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts