Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im a first time poster, long time lurker. I have receieved much help from everyone here from reading the great posts.

I received a starmate 6 boombox for my B'day and just subscribed to sirius today.

I hope someone can help with my question:

I have an Onkyo HT-S7100 7.1 home theater ( which rocks BTW) that is sirius capable. I would like to use the sirius account on this system when at home and have researched the available home connect kits. I would like to dock the starmate but am concerned about sound quality.

If I use a siriusconnect SC-H11
http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=1924111&catParentID=7876&scId=7876&oldParentID=7870
I would be able to use the 8-pin DIN cable to connect and optical out for good quality....BUT would I need to activate it as a second radio? If I can find a decent dock for the starmate 6 I presume I would only need one radio on the account but would have to live with RCA connectors.

What would you recommend? Am I understanding this correctly?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you have a starmate 6, its mobile. I could suggest you buy a Sirius universal home kit and hook that up to your stereo. Just move the radio when you want to listen through your stereo. You then do not have to pay for another subscription.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. That is what I figured as well. Now to do the vehicle install without having a mass of ugly wiring everywhere. I appreciate your time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts