Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Actiontec V2000H from Telus (2 days ago). Will the suggestions about factory reset while disconnected allow me to use the old credentials so I can enable bridge mode, or has that ship sailed?

·
Registered
494 Posts
There's also a new Actiontec t1200h coming out as well for those of us on single dsl (the V2000H and V2200H are for bonded dsl) . They should be available late July/early Aug. The t1200h has the same option to bridge port 1 of the modem. I also noticed storage device info in the screen shot, perhaps a USB hard drive can be plugged into the Actiontec for network sharing?

·
Registered
494 Posts
My only question is, will telus allow it to be bridged?
Yes its in the "advanced setup" of the router. No special access is required. Port 1 can be changed to bridged and ports 2, 3, and 4 are behind the Actiontec. You're getting a 2nd ip for the bridged Port 1 (to setup your own router) and the rest of the ports can be used for TV if you have Optik.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Don't count on that bridge mode in the new T1200/T2200. Official Telus policy is still "no bridging", and just because the pre-release testers have access to it doesn't mean that it will be generally available after release.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Does the current actiontec not have bridge capability?
It's the telus firmware that disables it, is it not?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The current Telus Actiontec routers have bridge mode. It is only possible to enable when you are logged in as root. Telus gives you the admin password, which hides a few options, including bridging mode, and disabling auto updates from their servers.

For earlier firmware versions, the default root passwords were floating around the internet, but the new firmware has different passwords.

If anyone happens to know the password, you could PM me, and I'll verify this claim.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm just wondering if Telus will allow bridge mode when it's released, because they will not with the current actiontec, even though it is capable.
I'm guessing you are on an advanced trial of some sort?
I understand it's available as you see it now, my only concern is Telus will destroy yet another piece of equipment much like their good friends Shaw by hacking out half the features with cfw

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just received a t1200 from Telus to replace my old ALU+Dlink setup. Apparently they just received the new routers this week and I am the second person to receive one here.

Most importantly, I can confirm that bridging is available and works like a charm!

·
Registered
717 Posts
ok, this changes everything. There is a Telus employee on here, cannot remember your name. Can you confirm whether that current customers can trade in our Actiontec 2000 (bonded 50mbps line) to get the latest modem that we can bridge and still be supported by Telus?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi guys,

I just rejoined Telus and have the T1200H. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it supports 5GHz network? I can only find info on Actiontec's site about the T2200, which is supposed to be dual band. I have the Wi-Fi Plus, so I am running a 5Ghz network downstairs but the router only has the 2.4 so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GBG

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do not have wireless enabled on the router, but I just checked the settings and cannot see anything for 5 GHz. 2.4 GHz only.

Kind of strange, actually.

·
Registered
130 Posts
my setup is this. i bridged the T1200 and connect my AC router to the LAN1 port on the T1200. Getting 50Megs no matter where im in the house :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not getting 50Mbps...

I have the newer Actiontec T1200H, and I have set Port 1 to Bridge mode, which I have connected to a Lynksys WRT 1900AC router... After running the Ookla speed test, I am only getting 17.45Mbps download speeds... If I connect my computer directly to the Actiontech router, the same speed test results in 52Mbps.... What am I doing wrong with the connection to the Linksys router that I can't achieve the same download speeds?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting. I am in Telus chat right now talking about the T1200. According to the tech that I am talking too, his information states that the T1200 can not be bridged. But he hasn't seen the advanced menu options so can neither confirm nor deny if it is 'bridge-able'.
Unfortunately what he did say is that it is for new installations only. So if my V1000 dies, it would get replaced with another V1000. His suggestion is to call the loyalty team and see if I can get swing it that way. Which I will do, after the long weekend.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts