Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a LG 50" 3DTV at Christmas and was told today that the glasses will no longer be readily available once the current stock is gone. How can a brand new TV be outdated in 4 Months? I realize that technology is constantly changing but this is getting ridiculous! Future Shop and Best Buy dont even have them on their websites anymore. This is a real blow after talking my wife into buying a 3DTV. I hope the movies dont change to be non-compatible as well.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
You can use your tv as usual. By the time a generally popular 3D format becomes standard, it would be time for you to buy a new tv anyway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes, around Christmas they were in high gear about 3d tv. Think thats what was said when laser disc hit. I think the 3'd thing is a fad at this time. which is what it sounds like. You got a nice high end tv, but I don't think the demand is their. Theater 3d movies compared to their 2d movies looks blurry, I think they are rushing high end products out to market, just to get the small amount of high end sales. The reason for the 3d glasses was they finally got the frame rate fast enough, not to bother people too much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not to worry. The likelihood of 3D taking off is, IMO, virtually nil. The good thing is that 3D tvs are very good 2D tvs so you can take comfort in the fact that you've got a great looking tv.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It doesn’t look like LG is going to stop making 3D tv's with active 3D glasses anytime soon. I suspect the store you're dealing with, Future Shop anyone? will just be selling LG's 3D Cinema technology which uses 3D passive glasses. LG's 3D Cinema will not be available with their plasma tv's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Correction on my previous post; LG is changing the method of communication for their active 3D glasses. The 2010 models used infrared; the 2011 models are using Bluetooth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts