Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
So, I got a Visions flyer that had a specific set of tower speakers listed for $498. But, on the website's boxing week sale, the same speakers are $850. So, I looked at the flyer on the visions.ca website (and on redflagdeals), and it's a different flyer than the one I have! There's quite a few items that are all the same price, but the speakers I want aren't listed.

I emailed the webmaster, but haven't gotten a response.

I'm not mentioning the brand/model because I don't want to jinx my chances of getting these. If I end up picking them up for $498, I'll spread the word, of course :)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Just checked FS for some SDHC memory. Ugh. Not much to cheer about. Last year, I was able to snatch some 8 GB Kingston SDHC memory for $10 each. This year however, it's a minimum $20 each from various brands. And forget about the 16 and 32 GB SDHC options for my Canon HF200 camcorder. The prices are still a bit too high for what I'm prepared to pay.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I enjoyed going through walmart.ca's online flyer over FS's. I found some pretty decent deals with electronics and others, ps3 299, xbox360 elite 249. Enjoy them with some jumbo pillow cases for 3.75 each! lol

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
The only really good deals I've seen were in very limited quantities. I got home at midnight to find the best deals on NCIX were already sold out. The rest is run of the mill weekly sale stuff.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Just out of curiosity, has anyone managed to get onto Visions.ca?

I've tried intermittently over the past day, and keep getting this overload message.
Welcome to Visions Electronics.
Due to extremely high traffic for our Boxing Day Sale, our site has currently exceeded capacity.
As others finish their shopping experience, there will be room available on the site, so please try visiting us again later.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely, The Visions Electronics Team.
Almost looks like they posted this simply to avoid the hassle of actually having to have a web presence for Boxing Day. ;)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. First time it didn't work, second time was the charm. I just wish they carried the JVC BP1 Blu-Ray player.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Well, seeing as I can't get that TV I wanted, I'm going to head to Staples first thing tomorrow morning and try grabbing one of the HP All-in-One printers they have for 50% off. Can't see it being too bad.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I got lucky. FS in downtown Montreal had HP brand 16 GB Class 4 SDHC cards for thirty bucks each. So I got three of them for my Canon HF200 camcorder. Now I have almost 1.5 hours of recording time per card.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts