Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

It's the most wonderful time of the year (sing along).

Question is, anyone spotted an FS, BB, LD, or Advance Electronics (Winnipeg) flyer posted online yet?

Me, I've had zero luck tracking one down. Guess I'm just impatient - they'll be out in two days or so.....

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
May want to check out Redflagdeals.ca periodically. So far they have flyers for The Source, EBGames, and a couple other random ones.

Didn't see anything jump out at me, but then I haven't really looked at prices for electronics and such lately.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
FS flyer is released Dec.23rd, according to my email newsletter.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I saw the Canadian Tire flyer yesterday and it wasn't nothing to be blown away. I was looking to see if they would have the LED lights on special and there were no big deals IMHO.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Off to RFD we go!

Thanks Nuje.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Considering a lot of "Boxing Day pricing" has already been slapped on merchandise over the past couple of weeks I wouldn't expect anything too exciting for the real Boxing Day sales period.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Perused the BB and FS flyers. Long story short, nothing in them that will make me go out into the madness.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
If I didn't buy last years Yamaha system at FS, I might've bought the one they have this year which is $700 cheaper. That's all there is that is attractive to me though.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I was hoping for some wireless adapter sales, but all they have is a couple cheap routers for slightly less than their normal price.

Staples does have an office chair I might consider purchasing, seeing as how mine is falling apart.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Perused the BB and FS flyers. Long story short, nothing in them that will make me go out into the madness.
+1
Was hoping for a 50" Panasonic plasma for < $1000. Oh well, no need to line up or spend more $$$

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing significant price cuts for the Rogers 4250 terminals. I could use a couple of them. I don't see the point in paying $200 for occasional use sets (one's only SD).

·
Premium Member
3,210 Posts
I just peaked at the Walmart flyer and some nice BD deals there. Selection is better than most sales and prices are reasonable. Not much for Video Game deals other than Assassins Creed 2 for $37

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, not much to get excited about. My choice, a Denon or Sony AVR.

Might as well ask me to shoot myself in the face.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Disappointing BD sales at Futureshop and BestBuy this year - I wonder why that is? The Rogers HD boxes are substantially more expenseive than last year's sale and there are few, if any, really attractive prices on other things. I wonder if this means that they were cautious in their ordering this year and don't have lots of inventory.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The larger TV's at FS seem about 30% off, which is no kick in the arse when that 30% =$900-$1000. I was looking for a smaller unit for the bedroom, and $50 off the 26" isn't that mindblowing. But the $30 price difference between the 26" Toshiba and the 32" model-tempting. But then, spend another $120 to get the 1080p 32" at Best Buy?

Incidentally, are the items in the store flyer (FS, BB) also available on line for the advertised store price?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Memory Express seems to have some decent deals on TVs - very tempted to grab a Panasonic 42" 1080p LCD for $600.

www.memoryexpress.com

Of course, for most of their boxing day sales, it's In Store only (Calgary/Edmonton/Winnipeg).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts