Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out in the Edmonton area just have their boxes turn off n on? I was just watching tv n my box reset itself. So I went into the other room to see if that one did as well. Reset as in um.....everything in the guide is TBA

·
Registered
195 Posts
If both the boxes reset it's most likely due to a power issue in the house. Did you happen to blow a breaker or anything when they reset?

Sean
Shaw Customer Care - Social Media

·
Registered
462 Posts
when i woke up in the morning, my pvr expander was at zero again, it was at 30 percent(but when i calculated it, it was more like 70percent.) so i assume a firmware update or a short power outage (which i dought). this is Saskatoon

·
Registered
195 Posts
have either of you tried alternate power sources? bypassing surge protectors / power bars? if that fails then you definitely want to call us for further troubleshooting.

@mike70sk - unplug your dct/expander, re-seat the eSATA cable and then turn them back on.

our number: (your area code)310-7429

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had a firmware update the other day. It mostly effects PVR function (adds folders for similar shows) and screws up the Guide by reverting to your lowest channel when returning from INFO or similar. :/

·
Registered
462 Posts
seems like the box and had another firmware update today. as the box shut down and powered up again. the folders mentioned, is this for all dct's or just the new one? how do you access these folders and use them?

·
Registered
250 Posts
They appeared automatically after the update. I stumbled across the choice to turn them off somewhere in the setup options.

·
Registered
536 Posts
These folders are part of the A28 Guide update. Details at New A28 Guide - Aug. 2010. We should probably continue the Guide update discussion there.

I haven't noticed the problem that Berty mentions but then I have DCX3400s not 6416s. I didn't know that this update was being pushed to 6416s just yet..

These folders can be turned on and off via the PVR Setup, accessed via pressing
  • Setup Button | PVR Menu Choice | PVR Setup Menu Choice | DVR Folders or
  • Setup Button | Setup Button | Setup Menu Choice | DVR Setup Menu Choice | DVR Folders
and seem to be turned on by default after the Guide update.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts