Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have been scowering the net to see what kind of Canadian content is available on the boxee box. I noticed that programming from CBC, City TV and CTV is available. Does anyone have any personal experience with this and can you access all of the online content that you could if you visited ctv's web player? I'm thinking of getting this because I do have satellite tv but miss my Cogeco on demand where I could watch episodes when I want. Any information/opinions on this?

·
Registered
846 Posts
cptcarter, I finally had more time to play with this other than Netflix. From what I seen the Canadian networks only give us 1 or 2 episodes at any given time of the prime time shows, so yes what you see on the web you can access on Boxee. We did watch the latest episode of Bones Sunday morning and found the picture quality pretty good. Of course you are limited to stereo sound so don't expect much there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Boxee Box and MUBI Service

Has anyone successfully subscribed to the MUBI movie service on Boxee. I signed up paired the MUBI account on Boxee.com and everything seemed to work except that any movie I choose starts to load and then gives a MUBI error message. My MUBI account is in order since I can watch the movie on pc. Seems to be a MUBI app/Boxee error.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any more updates or tidbits to share?
As the owner of a PCH -A110, I'm considering purchasing the boxee box, but would like to know if there are other improvements beyond Netflix that would justify the upgrade (at least to the big boss wife)

·
Registered
772 Posts
I bought and returned a boxee box back when it was first released in 2010. At that time it was not ready for primetime. However, I just recently bought a new boxee box and there have been significant improvements from the first iteration. Especially when combined with using a US proxy/dns server. Menus and playback have been dramatically improved. The addition of the navi-x repository makes this thing incredible!

I will now be selling my Appletv 2 and Wdtv Live boxes since the boxee box replaces both.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The only negative at this point for me is the lack of IR control. The included remote is nifty with the keyboard, but I really wish I could use my harmony with this.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I am quite liking my boxee. It plays pretty well everything thrown at it. I have started streaming tv shows through CBC and the experience has been good. Not HD quality but getting access to the back catalogs is nice.

I too wish there was an adapter to use my harmony remote, but it is kinda cool that I can use my iPhone as a remote with the boxee app (utterly pointless I know but cool none the less).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Updating my previous comment the MUBI film service now works on Boxee Box as of yesterday with the latest Boxee firmware update.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No, not really, and that's unfortunate. The PC version is still the old beta software, while the box is about 5 releases ahead. There were major changes in the UI when the software went from beta to 1.0.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love my Boxee; had it for about a month now. The Navi-X
app is incredible! Every movie or show ever made can be had here. Torrents can be played off the usb drive, also live feeds via cbc player, justintv, veetle etc give pretty good live content. Not HD, but very watchable. Cable's history!:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Navi-X? Never heard of it. Is it only available on the hardware, or can I get it for my PC Boxee as well?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts