Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw and heard this system the other day and was impressed with the sound and the system size and configuration would work perfectly in my study. The price is pretty expensive though. Anyone have any experience and/or thoughts about this system?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
crank them up to reveal.

recently been in an environment hosting Bose - very un-inspiring.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the comment. I read the previous Bose posts and I do agree with most of them. I was impressed with the small size of the components (speakers and amp) because of the little space they take up. It fits perfectly with the plans I have for this room. The price is definitely nuts... lol. What other mini-systems are out there that mirror the Bose size and sound?

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
with all respect, we're not saying "don't buy bose" .. that's a matter of your personal preference. many here, myself included, won't buy bose for good reason.

what are you looking for in this system, music only ? movies/music ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of money are you looking at? Can your space accomodate a slim AVR plus a BD player or are you restricted to mini-system sizing?
Yes - I can accomodate a slim AVR and a 3D-BR. I need the smallest possible speakers that crank out for music and sound great for movies, live sports etc. I dont have a lot of room in my den for large speakers. I will be hooking my PC and Bell PVR to it as well.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
law of physics apply. Small speakers can NOT crank out great sound. You'll need at least bookshelf speakers for good sound. Even then you still can't crank the sound and/or have great sound.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
FS has some packages on sale right now that include the Energy Take II Classic 5.1 speaker system + AV receiver. For the price, it's probably the best small speaker setup without stepping up to something bigger.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Check out Klipsch speakers for good, compact speakers. There are many styles to fit almost any room.

·
Registered
721 Posts
as mentioned the Energy Take classic or the compact Klipsch (same company) with a slim amp (NAD?) would give you better bang for your buck.

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
Yes - I can accomodate a slim AVR and a 3D-BR. I need the smallest possible speakers that crank out for music and sound great for movies, live sports etc. I dont have a lot of room in my den for large speakers.
For a slim AVR, you might want to consider something like the Marantz NR1601.

For small speakers, perhaps the Energy RC-Mini line (available at Future Shop). Slightly larger would be the Paradigm Atom Monitor line.

Add a compact sub - like the Energy S10.3 currently for sale, but somewhat overpriced, on canuckaudiomart.com, or the Paradigm Ultracube 10 currently listed on toronto.kijiji.(ca) - and you're good to go.

+1 also to packages such as the one indicated by cooper83.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Dell currently (today only) has a small 5.1 speaker system, the Pinnacle MB8000 home theatre system that gets very favourable reviews. It's marked down from $1499.00 to $349 with free shipping. Pair this with a receiver and I think you'll be far better off than with the Bose setup, if the size isn't too great.
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Stereo_TV_Speakers/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A3875328

Holy Dina!! I just went to the bose.ca webpage. The V35 system is $3800.00!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts