Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else watch this? I love animated shows, 'King Of The Hill', 'South Park', 'Beavis & Butthead' are some of my all time favorites. So I decided to watch 'Bobs Burgers' on Sunday night, in the 30minutes I had one laugh.... Not sure I will watch again....

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I did find that the Child Molester burger coming with free candy was pretty funny. Granted I have a pretty twisted sense of humour (I still think that The Oblongs is one of the best cartoons ever).

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Ive only seen the previews, but from them alone I will not be watching.
Just do not understand what the attraction is. But I guess I am out of their target audience. Though I still enjoy the Simpsons.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I didn't watch it just because of the way it's drawn. Big turn off.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah it was kinda wierd didnt like the drawing too much also,
child molester burgers and cannabalism wierd subjects,
wasnt very funny, nowhere near as good as Family Guy, Cleveland or American Dad. I really like those ones.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I feel kinda bad, I liked it a lot more than I have liked the Simpsons over the last decade or so. It has a wickedly dark sense of humour. I guess it will be a guilty pleasure for me, while it lasts.

Cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm satisfied enought with the 1st episode that I'll watch again. It takes a few episodes for me to decide long-term.

I hope the voices of the Wife and oldest Daughter change.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I just saw a long preview of it on my It's A Trap blu-ray, and I have to say, it looked pretty funny, the kind of humour I'd be into. But yes, the drawing leaves much to be desired(though it kinda brings me back to Sit Down Shut Up, which I loved). IDK, time will tell.

·
Registered
82 Posts
After 3 episodes I'm less fussy about the voices.

I think this toon is clever and strikingly unconventional (quirky). I don't mind the drawing style at all: all toons are unique.

I get and enjoy the humor a lot, and eagerly anticipate the next episodes.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i like it too, though i'm not sure it will catch on. i mean, Simpsons is great, but they're getting by on history at this point. this show is a nice change.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I like this show. I do like the dark sense of humour in various spots and the show's oddness at times. I particularly love Louise. The only voice that's taken a while to get accustomed to is the oldest daughter.

Simpsons hasn't been funny for a long, long time. I've never liked Cleveland. My interest in Family Guy is starting to wane while American Dad still makes me laugh most of the time.

Bob's Burgers will probably be doomed to cancellation. I am the kiss of death. I hate most of the stuff on television that is such lowest common denominator crap which for some reason is popular and remains on television. There is but a very small handful of shows that I like and they seem to always get cancelled. :mad: I wish network television would leave these edgier and quirky shows to the cable channels so they have a chance.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts