Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Premiere's Sunday, September 19th.

I am really looking forward to this...it looks awesome.

You can always count on HBO to develop their own new BlockBusters...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes, It definately looks like a quality production. HBO provides the kind of quality programming that used to be the stock in trade of the Hollywood movie making studios. I rarely find a movie these days that measures up to the scripts of shows like these. A lot of the quality writers seem to be working in TV. It's quite a shift.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I saw the trailer for this before the Machete movie a couple weeks ago.
I had not even heard of it prior to seeing it then.
Looks very good - some very talented people involved.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just found out about this show from an email from Rogers. I wonder what the cheapest package is that includes HBO. This show looks like it will be worth subscribing for. The writer from the Sopranos is involved.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm counting on this show to revive my interest in HBO, which in my opinion has been struggling with its series of late. Here's hoping.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Most expensive Pilot Episode ever at $50 Million dollars!

This is the New Sopranos and most anticipated new series.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Did not think the program lived up to its expectations....thought it was weak eventhough the acting etc was good. Nothing new just another twist on the prohibition era that has been played a hundred times on screen before. Sorry but not what I expected for $50 million.....which incidently was spent primarly on the boardwalk set.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I do hope this series will live up to expectations. I thought the opening episode was nothing special. Yes, the sets and costumes were great and added to the period-piece atmosphere, but the script was mundane.

One reviewer posted last week that the opening was indeed the weakest episode and the series improves. Time will tell.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I do hope this series will live up to expectations. I thought the opening episode was nothing special. Yes, the sets and costumes were great and added to the period-piece atmosphere, but the script was mundane.

One reviewer posted last week that the opening was indeed the weakest episode and the series improves. Time will tell.
Yeah I thought the script was a tad week. I didn't think the acting was the greatest. Overall I did like the show though and think that there is potential for this to be a good one. I felt some of the scenes stole from the "Goodfellas" style and obviously so.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I liked the first episode. Sure, a bit seemed forced, but there was a lot to do and characters to introduce.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excellent pilot...this type of tv is either your cup of tea...or you get whacked...no inbetween.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts