Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my users is complaining that they hate the BT in ear hands free units (long story). I am going to start exploring visor mounted systems for him. Anyone use one of these with success? There are varying reviews on these types of devices. He will be using it with a Bold 9700.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use the one from Motorola - the "motorokr" I think it's called. Bluetooth - and fm transmitter in one. it works great with my Blackberry.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
My parents use a Sony Ericsson model I set up for them. There are only two issues; the call quality isn't quite as good as a headset, and if they forget to turn it off when they come home their phones will often remain connected even when they go inside, which kills the battery on the bluetooth and confuses them when they can't answer their phones.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I used to use the Motorola visor mount unit, but I got frustrated with the fact that Toronto has practically no available frequencies for the FM transmitter. Also, it's a PITA to be changing from CD to FM, etc everytime the phone rings.

In the end, I swallowed my pride and gave the dealer $700 for the factory bluetooth...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dont like the fm transmitter feature of the motorola either - but it has a built in speaker that I use instead. plus it saves on battery life. The FM trasmit feature is cool when your kids have i-pods in the backseast that they want to use for their music to play through the car speakers. Easier than dealing with the aux input cable needed on most cars.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've put a Blueant one for my folks and it's been petty good so far. They can answer a call just by saying "Ok" or "answer", it charges via mini USB, and the speaker is loud enough. I can even use it with my phone since it can connect to multiple phones.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I bought a Parrot Mini-Slim visor mount. I really like this one. If your phone supports voice dialing, then you can use voice dialing with this unit. you have to sync your contacts first with the unit.

The only thing I don't like about this, so far, is that the voice has a UK accent, and I haven't found a way to change it yet. For a lot of my contacts, I had to record the name because the way Parrot spoke the name, it didn't make sense. This was easy to do, but had to be done before Parrot would recognize what name i was trying to call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts