Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
No, I have no VPN installed. Ad blocker are off. I will try performing a router reboot. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
No go. It could be the older Bell Aliant modem here in rural NS but I find it strange that I have no problems with other streaming services, only Shaw Direct bluecurve. My Android devices are on the same modem and they work.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
No go. It could be the older Bell Aliant modem
On my iPad, FreeRange shutdown on me a couple of years ago and Shaw blamed the Bell One Wire modem, said it was too old and I should get Bell to replace it. I dismissed their suggestion and gave up using the app.
Comments on ad blockers got me investigating my settings. I had disabled “app tracking”. Either turning that on or they made a recent change but Blue Curve Shaw TV for iOS now seems to be activated again.

Edit by 57 - Quote Syntax Corrected.

·
Registered
215 Posts
There are some certain modems that ISPs (primarily in the East it seems...) that don't play nicely with BlueCurve - it's a kind of known issue (it's been difficult to track from what I understand, having so many modem types out there), so unfortunately I don't have many details on which modem(s) are impacted...sorry.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
OK, I have a "go-around" for anyone else that has this problem on a laptop. I have signed into CTV (Bell including TSN), Global channels, Sportsnet, CBC Gem , etc, using my Shaw Direct account information. So I have almost all the channels I would have watched on BlueCurve. There are actually more Global news channels on their web site covering almost every city in Canada. They all stream beautifully on Firefox, except TSN, which I've had to stream on Chrome. This is a solution that Shaw may want to pass along to people with "certain modems with ISPs that don/t play nicely with BlueCurve."

81 - 86 of 86 Posts