Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone had any success accessing the Blue Curvetv website [for watching live tv] outside of Canada? I am customer of Shaw Direct and trying to do so with a VPN [preparing for the inevitable inaccessibility of Shaw Direct satellite outside of Canada] and I keep getting Error TVAPP-00281. I have tried different web browsers, different VPNs within my home network and outside my home network and still receive the error.
I’ve tried using a VPN outside of Canada and I keep getting the error message, so I’m not sure how I can circumvent that... have you been able to rectify the issue on your end?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ve tried using a VPN outside of Canada and I keep getting the error message, so I’m not sure how I can circumvent that... have you been able to rectify the issue on your end?
Nope. I still need to rule out that nothing is wrong with my laptop. I will have to take it on my next vacation to Canada to see if I can access the app there.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Will this have any effect on Blue Curve? "Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems. "
Blue Curve needs Flash Player, correct?

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
Both Shaw BlueCurve and Rogers Ignite use the Comcast Xfinity platform. Comcast phased out the use of Flash in all its regions over the past year and Rogers switched last week. Can anyone confirm if BlueCurve still uses Flash?

On another note, both the BlueCurve TV mobile and web apps now officially support Google Chromecast.

·
Super Moderator
4,494 Posts
I was able to use OPENVPN to route directly to my Asus RT-AC68U router in my house when I was in Mexico last February. This only works with a laptop because laptops do not have location GPSs.

·
Super Moderator
4,494 Posts
Both Shaw BlueCurve and Rogers Ignite use the Comcast Xfinity platform. Comcast phased out the use of Flash in all its regions over the past year and Rogers switched last week. Can anyone confirm if BlueCurve still uses Flash?

On another note, both the BlueCurve TV mobile and web apps now officially support Google Chromecast.
I just tested Bluecurve with Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Both are working and appear to be NOT using FLASH.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Mine isn't working. I keep getting this message.
"Please clear your browser's cache
Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please clear your browser's cache and then refresh this page.
(Error TVAPP-00100)"
..any suggestions on how to do this?

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
NovaMan you didn't say which browser you are using. In Chrome, click on the 3-dot menu at the top right, then More Tools, Clear Browsing Data. Make sure that only Cached Images and Files has a checkmark. Press Clear Data. Other browsers will be similar.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
NovaMan you didn't say which browser you are using. In Chrome, click on the 3-dot menu at the top right, then More Tools, Clear Browsing Data. Make sure that only Cached Images and Files has a checkmark. Press Clear Data. Other browsers will be similar.
Tried this with Chrome and Firefox. Both give me the same message as before. I will try a few more things.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I just tested Bluecurve with Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Both are working and appear to be NOT using FLASH.
Are you using a laptop? Did you have to attach any add-ons to Chrome or Edge? I have tried 3 different web browsers and 2 different laptops and no luck. I had it on all of them before they stopped using Flash. Any more suggestions anyone?

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
Try Incognito mode - it ignores your existing cookies and most add-ins.
Are you running any privacy add-ins, etc.? Some of these break sites that otherwise work normally.
Do you have third-party cookies enabled? Some sites require this.

I searched for the error a couple of days ago to see if Comcast users had any solutions. One user said they rebooted their Comcast modem to solve the problem, which points to something being network-specific.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The only thing I have on Edge now is bluecurve. It won't work for me even in "Incognito mode" and no other program or add on included in my Edge because I usually use Firefox.

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
Here's a longer list of things that can cause issues with websites:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. Nothing yet, on my laptops since I deleted Flash, but it works great on my Android devices.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
On 2 computers using Chrome, Edge, and Firefox I keep getting this message:
Please clear your browser's cache

Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please clear your browser's cache and then refresh this page.
(Error TVAPP-00100)

I have done this and many other things. There must be a program or programs on my laptops that are blocking bluecurve, but I don't know what. As I said earlier, it works on my Android devices.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts