Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am haveing the blue haze problem with my Hitachi 62VS69A at first I just had a blue ring around the middle of the screen, then the lamp burnt out and and I got a new one. I still had a blue ring for awhile but now it went from the little circle to a huge blue haze on the outer side of the circle and now the middle is the only part without any blue. does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it or do i have to buy a new TV.???

·
Registered
1 Posts
No good news, sorry. There are three small LCD panels in your tv, one for each of R,G & B. Your blue one is fried from heat and the intense blue and ultraviolet light. You can replace the optics package in the tv, called the light engine, for a few hundred dollars plus labor. There are also some light engine rebuilders around that rebuild LEs, don't know if they cover Hitachi. Some folks on ebay sell used light engines but that's an iffy proposition.

There's a good information package on how your tv works on google science called sonylcdrptvproblems. It's mostly about Sony but your Hitachi works the same way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts