1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
519 Posts
I happened by chance to walk by Walmart's electronic department and man they have a lot of blu-rays on sale. 2/$10, 2/$15 and up. I got Sherlock Holmes for $15, Public Enemies and Reindeer Games for less. Lots of selection right now.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Amazon.com has quite a few deals under $10; even soem twin-pack movies. If you have relatives/friends in the US to take advantage of the free shipping there are some great deals to be had.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Outbreak

$4.99 at the Real Canadian Superstore in North Vancouver.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Double Feature Blurays

Walmart $10.00 each:

Miss Congeniality/Miss Congeniality 2
Analyze This/Analyze That
The Enforcer/Sudden Impact
Grumpy Old Men/Grumpier Old Men

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
biggest selection of blu-ray @ wal-mart i have seen in awhile @ good prices. i did purchase a couple (double features) .. Clint Eastwood (Kellys Hero, Where Eagles Dare) & Harrison Ford (Frantic & Presumed Innocent) ..... (2/$15)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Two pack at WM (Kelly's Heroes and Where Eagles Dare..separate discs) $10
Another two pack is Timecop and Bloodsport (shared disc) $10

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within $9.83 sticker (register rang it as $14.83)
The Man with the Golden Gun 2/$15
The Legend of Zorro 2/$15

·
Registered
645 Posts
Are these the somewhat-censored 'family friendly' :)rolleyes:) versions of the movies?

Edit: doesn't matter... it appears to be sold out everywhere within 150km anyway! :mad:
I've only watched the first two movies so far and they are not censored at all. All Bestbuy stores were sold out in my area as well but I brought a print out of the Bestbuy web page and FutureShop matched it no problem.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Clint Eastwood (Kellys Hero, Where Eagles Dare) & Harrison Ford (Frantic & Presumed Innocent) ..... (2/$15)
Two pack at WM (Kelly's Heroes and Where Eagles Dare..separate discs) $10
yes ..just checked my receipt ... $ 10 each. i had a couple of other BR in hand as well .. i put them back (they must have been the 2/$15)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Open Season 1 & 2

Bought both Bluray DVDs from Wal-Mart for $16.99.
They came in a package containing each DVD in their own separate bluray case.

Wal-Mart appears to be aggressively pricing bluray DVDs these days so I expect to see more deals below $10.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I scored a LOT of Blu-rays while at Wal-Mart in the past couple of weeks, and it is so good to see this aggressive pricing. I hope they do it again in the future.

However, I did notice today that most of the items formerly on sale have been "repriced" to the older, higher prices.(you can even see bits of the old sale sticker under the new, high-price sticker) I am glad I got them while the going was good.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm waiting for the day that this thread will have current new release BD's for $14.99, instead of the $20-25 they are now...

It's got to come soon....Apparently something called netflix is taking over the world.

I bought Knight and Day (not great) BD,DVD,digital copy for $20 back during the boxing day week..... Used the digital copy on iphone and Touch for our family's flight to Denver.

P

·
Registered
254 Posts
That might be a while since new release DVDs are still around $25 with BluRay well established. Something will have to come out to replace BluRays for a few years before we can expect some price lowering:(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Giant Tiger has older BluRays priced at $9.99 each. Recently I've picked up Splice, Terminator Salvation, Where the Wild Things Are, Planet 51.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Disney's animated Alice in Wonderland blu-ray combo-pack (Bestbuy pricing $29.99) minus $10 off coupon from Disney Movie Rewards. Also bonus 25 DMR points if you're a new DMR member (code is shown on the coupon printed).

coupon valid only until Feb 7th 2011.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.