Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
just recenty noticed that during dark scenes on my Toshiba Regza 46RV535U using Blu-Ray, DVD and even the Digital Cable box, that the dark scenes seem a tad blotchy, maybe square-ish and even greyish/reddish. Especially noticeable during fade in/out of dark scenes. And it seems to be more on one side of screen. TV is only 2 years old and never had this problem before. Picture is crystal clear other than this new problem. Settings have not been changed, so this is not the reason for this new problem.
Any suggestions? Maybe a new TV by the looks of this!!:eek:

Thanks,
bill

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Five Seven,
I've reduced the Brightness from 55 to 41. All other color settings are neutral. The blotchy patches on darks are now gone and the picture still seems bright enough. Still, never had that problem before with Brightness set to 55. Does setting it to 41 seem a little low? Is this indicative of another problem?

Thanks for the help,
bill

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
I've had brightness settings anywhere from 30-70 depending on the TV, so I cannot say for your particular TV. In itself, this is not indicative of a problem. If you don't see black crush with your 41 setting, then you're probably OK.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Five Seven! Didn't want to buy myself a new TV for X-Mas!! All seems fine now! ;)

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts