Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day all:
Ive had my EHD hooked up for about 2 months now and on one of the very first recordings (walking DEAD) i noticed the picture blinks for a fraction of a second every 60 seconds and thought those saucy rascals found away to screw you over just when u thought you got ahead.
That was the one and only time it happened except last week the god father was playing on AMC - I recorded part one watched it no probs, then a day or 2 later part 2 was playing so I recorded that one aswell. Wouldnt you know the picture was blinking again except this time every 15 seconds.
Is there a way around this or am i just screwed?
Cause AMC is really a dive without a PVR - its 6 minutes of movie followed by 4 and a half minutes of commercials and if you bypass the comercials you get blinking picture every 15 seconds.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I assume you have a 6131 receiver. Since you didn't have a problem with the first recording, might it be the weather, or transmission problems at play here? How long after you record the movie do you actually watch it? Finally, try watching a movie that you are also recording (say, about 10 or 15 minutes), to see if anything happens, then, watch those 15 minutes again when you are finished recording to see if it is the EHD. Does this problem only occur on AMC? Try recording on different channels and see what happens. I actually doubt it could be your EHD, but trial and error is the only way to narrow down the problem. I have a WD EHD for my 9242 and I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have the 6131 receiver and it is only on AMC, but the way its timed I'd swear its on purpose. First time every 60 seconds on the dot and second time evey 15 seconds on the dot for the duration of the movie. They are late night recordings. Its only a blink that lasts a fraction of a second but noticable none the less. I do have a western didgital HD with Next Star CX case 3.0 backwards compatible to 2.0 and all other recordings are fine. I just thought that maybe I wasnt the only one seeing this and maybe AMC had some special power over bell to do this to certain movies but if I am the only one its happening to then your right I'll have to do some trial and error.
I doubt its the HD myself and figure its more likey the receiver.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Happened to me once when I taped Mad Men on AMC HD.

It only happened on one specific episode.

I chalked it up to a bad transmission of AMCHD either directly from the network or by Bell.

I have an HP Drive + 9242.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts