Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded to a new blackberry pearl 9100 (had an 8130) I use multi tap (press the key twice for the 2nd letter) I find this mode is very slow. It takes a lot longer for the cursor to move so I can type the 2nd letter then it did on my old pearl. This is rather frustrating when I am typing something that needs a word that has side by side letters on the same key.
Any one else having this issue?
I have the latest firm/software and I have done a reset of the phone.

·
Registered
68 Posts
why no just type the word and hope that the intel of the phone puts the right letters there..if it does a different word then backspace. That would be faster than always waiting for the right letter to appear on multi tap. I find the intuitive aspect of the phone gets it right most of the time anyway the longer you use it.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Multi tap does not work that way. If I press the ER key for example because I am typing Torrent for example After typing tor I have to wait for the cursor to move over one so I can type the 2nd r or it will be changed into an e.
The phone is not guessing words its not predictive text. Its the delay of before I can choose the 2nd letter on a key or even the same letter twice if I try to spell pool I have to wait for the cursor to move off the 1st o before I can type the second one. If the next letter is on a different key its not an issue only if the letter is on the same key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts