Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if a link would be allowed, but Google it and you'll find lots of blog entries with the link(s). Of course it isn't an official release, so it may melt your Bold. If you aren't comfortable with poking around your system a bit in order to be able to load an OS version that isn't authorized by your carrier - don't waste your time. I had never tried something like this before and found out how to do it in a few minutes time.

On my Bold it is working quite well. The biggest improvement is the browser. It does a much better job of formatting the page while it is still loading, and generally brings up the page faster than before.

I've noticed lots of other smaller improvements that overall add up to a better user experience.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
The nice thing about BlackBerrys is that it's virtually impossible to completely brick them if the firmware update fails. Even if the device won't normally boot, there are utilities that can usually recognize the device and get things up and running again (Android device manufacturers; are you listening?) :)

Curious on how the overall performance is outside of the browser. Does the 9700 feel slow running OS6 at all, or is it just as responsive as OS 5?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did a wipe and replace yesterday. 9700 on Rogers. Everything seems snappier to me. The browser is very peppey.

I have a few glitches as well, though after doing some research, I am not alone. My calendar view keeps reverting back to day view, as opposed to the month view I save. This is a common issue. I also miss my themes and small icons. I'm sure it won't be too long until there are some nice 9780 themes that I can use.

Anyone else have any issues or new tips to share?

Edit - Oh yeah, I also lost the free Texas Holdem' and I can't find a good replacement. Come on RIM!!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that it seems a little more responsive than before. And I also just discovered that hold 'em is gone!

One minor change for me that I'm not happy with - when I lock the keypad while listening to music I can no longer use the right side "convenience keys" to adjust the volume or skip tracks. When the BB is locked it still works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts