Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to send my son a memory card for his Blackberry Curve with his band's mp3s preloaded onto it. I don't have a Blackberry so I need to know some things, please:

1. what kind of memory card does it use
  2. what is the maximum size card allowed
  3. does Blackberry use the typical FAT16 file system
  4. I will be loading the card from my Linux PC with a card reader, so which directory (folder) do the mp3s go into

·
Registered
48 Posts
1. Micro SD
2. not sure what the max is, but i have a 2 GB card with no problems
3. file system shows as FAT
4. \BlackBerry\music

·
Registered
484 Posts
It takes microSD or microSDHC, your choice, and it should take up to 8GB. If you want to be safe, go with a 2GB microSD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 8GB card but I can't use it since I have a corporate policy and they block the usage of memory cards on our Blackberry's.

When I go to Options > Memory > Memory Card Support. The only option is "No".

Does anyone know where or if there is a hack that I can use to remove this block?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 8GB card but I can't use it since I have a corporate policy and they block the usage of memory cards on our Blackberry's.

When I go to Options > Memory > Memory Card Support. The only option is "No".

Does anyone know where or if there is a hack that I can use to remove this block?
there are ways of removing the IT policy's, but as soon as the device reconnects to the corporate network it will re-enable the policy.

Check out the following links.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remove-i-t-policy-blackberry-569/

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes it can be cleared fairly easily, however it will no longer be connected to your company's BES servers, and the minute you do an Enterprise Activation to try and reattach to them, the policy will be pushed down to your BB. Used to be that this could only be done when you sync'd it via your PC, but its been doable wirelessly for a few years now.

Depending on how anal your BES admins are, they'll know that the policy has been pushed down again which could lead to a chat with your manager.

You could always try to come up with a business case to justify enabling the memory card socket for you. At least you won't have the chat this way.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts