Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi DH members!

I have a 3 year contract with Fido for an iphone data plan. However, my friend recently gave me a blackberry, and I was wondering if I my data plan would compatible with the Blackberry?

I've asked around and have gotten mixed replies. Two questions:
1) Does blackberry and iphone use the same type of data plan?
2) If not, can you easily switch over? I heard that if you have enough leverage with the service provider, you can.

Hope you guys can help!

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
It will require a change to your account in order to activate BIS. Though Fido technically could give you a hard time about this, they don't have much reason to do so. As long as they're not trying to migrate you off of a legacy plan of some kind it should be alright. There may be some kind of one-time fee for changing plans with Fido, hopefully one of our Fido-using members can answer that for you.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
there is no need to change your plan (voice). All you really need to do is change your DATA plan from a non blackberry data plan to a blackberry data plan. and if you go back to a iphone, you can continue using your blackberry data plan with it as well. hope this helps

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Just beware that it's Rogers standard practice To restart the clock on your contract every time you change data plan. I don't think it would stand up in court, but they try and pull it anyways. I'm expecting a colossal battle with them in about nine months when i have legally fufilled my obligation and move to Telus.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Actually, the limitation of V21 is what causes your Data Term to Reset when you change your Data Option, but it does not change your voice agreement or term at all. I hope you weren't confused about the differences between data and voice terms?

you can simply request the agent to backdate your data agreement term to match what it was before, so if you decide to remove the option at a later date, and its been 36 months since you added the data option, the system will automatically add the DECF charge, but the agent will credit you that back as long as you fulfilled your data contractual obligations.

hope this helps.

--
I am NOT a Fido/Rogers employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts