Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Quite surprising they'd be releasing a new CDMA BlackBerry at this point in time, but I guess this would be a good option for those who don't have HSPA access on the Bell network.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
It's a Sprint device in the US so maybe RIM just didn't want to make an HSPA version just for Bell. Nothing really wrong with the CDMA network, and it's going to improve in speed as more and more Bell customers are migrated to HSPA.

·
Registered
358 Posts
the only thing that makes no sense to me is with Bell no longer carrying any BlackBerry CDMA devices in their current line-up (Since removal of the Storm 2 9550, and Curve 8530) why would they introduce a new CDMA phone now?

Maybe pressure from RIM?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At $399 without a term, I think that they are getting a really good price from RIM. It works out well for me because I have no access to HSPA for 8 months of the year. I have been thinking of upgrading my Touch Diamond for a while and wan to go back to a BB.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
I doubt it. The Torch fits the Storm's touch screen market, and the Curve has been replaced by the Curve 3G. The Style represents a BlackBerry form factor which isn't available in an HSPA variant at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts