Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
This must be done.... is it?
Done? Have you not read from the beginning? It wouldn't be fun if I just did it in a year or two. I'm going for long haul... A decade is a blink of the eye! :)

Here's some pics of my progress...

Snack bar

Lobby (aka rec room & HT entrance)

The lobby/rec room is a mini HT, here is the equipment nook with network, HDMI/component/svideo, and 5.1 sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
wow....

I just popped in to see what the fuss was about....

this is dragging out.... by the time it'll be done, you'll be installing a holodeck.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
When he started, Betamax was still around. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Betamax was the better video player...

When he started, Betamax was still around. :eek: ;)
Well, I use to have a Betamax :cool: but when VHS won that war, I settled on a high end Sony VHS VCR to match my Sony 50" 4:3 rear projection TV. The TV is at my in-laws but the VCR is still in use as this pic shows.

I feel vindicated that my recently completed rec. room HT sports a VHS VCR that I had BEFORE I started and still works perfectly. :)

Cheers,
Kaoru

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
An update: Introducing the Black Ice HT Preview Room

Still have the baseboard/trim to do, as well as hang a few more doors before fully complete. The preview/rec. room sports a brand new Samsung 50" SMART TV.

Of course, this is matched up to a brand new Synology DS415play, which has 8 TB of space and hardware transcoders for streaming my media/movies to the TV. I'll have more on that later...

Cheers,
Kaoru

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
When his holodeck is wired in. :eek: :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Jupiter station lost my only holo-emitters... The good news that I begun replacing my old EPS conduit relays (read outlets and switches) with new duotronic modules which form a coherent mesh network (read ZWave) that controls the power flow to the EPS relays by computer control (read Elk M1).

Star Trek :nerd always. :laugh:wink

More posts to come,
Kaoru

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Rumor has it that the 2036 edition of the TIFF will be held during the opening of Kaoru's home theatre. Tickets are going fast. Better reserve yours today. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
It's been ~12 years and still working on it...

I can't believe it's been 12 years since got the home theater itch (starting this thread in Feburary 24, 2006) and I haven't fully scratched it yet. It's like a recurring condition, Christmas rolls around and I start thinking of what I have to do to stop the itching, aka finally being able to entertain guests over the holidays. Lots of changes since I last posted... two years ago. Hopefully, I'll rectify that as I get back into my build.

Ed

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
...and here I thought, the Smithsonian Institute had taken it away from you, since there hadn't been any update! LOL

341 - 354 of 354 Posts