Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon this program last week.Billy travels across Northern Canada though the Northwest Passage,telling interesting stories and meeting local people along the way.I managed to see 3 episodes,and I'm keeping my eye out for the ones I missed.
I really enjoyed these programs.Billy is a great story teller,and the beautiful scenery is captured very well.Each episode really shows how vast and wonderful Canada is.And it made me very proud to be a Canadian.We are very lucky.
I now have a strong desire to visit the Maritimes ! :D

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
This billy connelly???

About 50 seconds in still makes me laugh

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The video is blocked (at work) , but I'm guessing YES !

He's a very funny comedian,and he's great as a story teller.
He's a person I would like to meet one day.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes that is the "Big Yin".

He is a fantastic stand-up comedian, seen him several times, he gets very blue but he is hilarious.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I'm curious now so I'm going to search the show out.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hugh , There's a few previews floating around the net.There's a DVD out too.I might have to hunt it down..

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I have seen Episodes 3 & 4 out of the total of 4. And I am hoping for repeats of 1 & 2.

A very good show, with wonderful scenery and some interesting people that he meets on the journey, from East to West.

He has a great way with words and his sense of humour is very typical of a Scotsman, neigh, a Glaswegian, no less.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I saw this series when it aired a while back on TVO, and it was oretty good. It certainly had some great scenery, as you would expect from a travel show. APTN just aired this in the last few weeks too, in HD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts