Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am in the same boat ACYPHERX,

I also got a phone call from Bell yesterday offering me 4 receivers and installation for free for 1st year for me to switch, My monthly bill after the first year would still be lower because of the a la carte offering...

I prefer shaw direct customer service but it is getting difficult to not make the switch, not counting that my other service are with Bell and would benefit for getting everything together...

The one thing I have notice for me is that Speed is not offered in the a la carte at Bell and it is not offered in HD also, still I don't think this is enough of a reason for not consider the switch...

·
Registered
35 Posts
thanks for the tip,

I was offered that after the first year I would pay $10 for 1 receiver HD and $20 for HDPVR. The other 3 Standard receiver were free. The buy option wasn't great for the HD receiver (nothing special but installation for the 4 receivers and the dish was free).

Switching to Teksavvy or other similar service is an option that I have looked in the past but they are cap at 5 Mbps download last time I checked, I believe this is a CRTC related decision. I presently have 7 Mbps with bell. I use Netflix at times and I have 4 PCs in my house so I want to make sure I get that speed to try to limit potential issues, I have 60 GB limit with Bell and I don't get close to that for now but it can change in the future especially with more and more streaming being available.

By the way, I am not a fan of Bell, I hate their customer service but I rarely have to deal with them. I just like that we can pick and choose channels getting more freedom. This is what I would like Shawdirect to offer...my last bill with them with tax is 101$, starting to be a bit too much, I want to lower my bill and still get the channels I like watching.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts