Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

121 - 140 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
This is what I expected. So unless something happened on the live feeds that I missed than I'm not shocked.

E.D. is now annoying me. I used to like him but he's just another LA wannabe.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
If Jen competes in the PoV and wins, it will be interesting to see if she decides to use it or not. It sounded like her and Daniele had an agreement of some sorts. Perhaps she'd save Daniele. Who knows.

If anyone is saved by the PoV, I think there's no doubt that Zach or Jen would be put up.

How he's managed to stay alive this long is beyond me.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
E.D. is now annoying me. I used to like him but he's just another LA wannabe.
Hey may be annoying, but think how boring the show would be without him in it? I think it's in CBS' interest to keep him in as long as possible. Without ED in the house, it would be something like this:

Daniele: "Sigh... I don't like anyone in this house."
Jen: "I'm just here to have fun... who cares about the money."
Amber: "I'm having a vision... I'm going to win... God told me so."
Jameka: "I'm praying for everyone, even ED."
Dustin: "Look how pretty I am in my robe."
Jessica: "Everyone has to love me... I'm so damn cute!"
Eric: "I'm the KING of this place now."
Zach: "I really have no idea what I'm doing here."

It would be so friggin' boring. They need ED in the game.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
You don't think that either of the nominees would use the POV if they won it??
There's only three people that I think would use the PoV if they won it. Here are my guesses at how it would be used depending on who won:
- Dick would use it to save his daughter Daniele
- Daniele would use it to save herself after Dick said not to save him
- Jen would use it to save Daniele

If anyone else wins the PoV, I would say the nominations would stay the same. Zach certainly won't be rocking the boat and the rest are all Late Night Crew members.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I agree shabbs with the exception that Jen would NOT use it if she won it. Why would she? Long term she's on the losing side and she needs to win favour with the opposition - not using the POV might be a start.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Jen would put a big target on herself if she won the PoV and then used it to save Daniele, but at this point in the game, I don't think she cares.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The game may take another twist.Cbs is very worried with jameka and amber so much so they might get the boot.

1)Does cbc bring in 2 more guests.

2)Do they stay as is minus amber and jameka.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think they will bring back Kail or any future evicted nominee.

djino
"Did anyone notice that they didn't show Eric's goodbye message when Kail was evicted... guess they dont want her to know he's America's Player incase of a chance of returning to the house"

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
The game may take another twist.Cbs is very worried with jameka and amber so much so they might get the boot.
Do you have any links to info about this? This is the first I've heard.

·
Registered
343 Posts
ITs just what i have seen on other boards.Amber made some very bad remakrs about gays and jews.While there is some who think jamkeka is pusshing her faith a bit to far.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I love the church music when amber or jameka start praying, it gives me a chuckle
Evil Dick is just being a dick
I guess he does make the show interesting, but he is sooo confrontational, and a hyporcrite, but i guess he is just playing the game
I loved it when he started bad mouthing amber's parenting skills (boy that takes some balls, seeing the relationship he has with his own daughter!)
Good on the girls to bring up his relationship? with danielle, and how well they get along
I like that the others are finally standing up to dick, and i want him to be voted off, but a part of me wants him to stay, to see what he will do next.....
ahh the drama
I also read about ambers anti semetic remarks...
She aint the brightest bigot, I mean girl in the bunch
Hopefully her comments will open her eyes to her views on jews, and everyone else that isnt Christian, and maybe she will change for the better
I see a Sponsership deal with some Kleenex company in her future, if she can keep the Mel Gibson'esque comments to a minimum

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
ITs just what i have seen on other boards.Amber made some very bad remakrs about gays and jews.While there is some who think jamkeka is pusshing her faith a bit to far.
If CBS wanted to hide all that, they could cut it all out of the show. But they can't hide from the Live Feeds. ;)

PoV competition and ceremony have all occurred. Results will be shown on CBS tomorrow night @ 9:00pm EST.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Results from tonight's show:
- Dick won the PoV
- Dick used it to save his daughter Daniele
- Jessica put Dustin up as a "pawn"

Man - how sweet would it be if Dustin was sent packing and Dick stayed? That would be sweet. If Dick goes home, I'll seriously lose interest in this show.

It's clear Dick's "stepping over the line" is all strategy as he stops his act after he reaches his goal.

What was up with Jen's suggestion to Jessica that Dustin may have a deal with Dick. Man - that set her spinning. Was that intentional by Jen or a fluke.

I will now pray for Dustin to be evicted. Queue the organ music... ;)

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Wow. Was that ever some twisted editing!

I watched the youtube clips someone posted of the actual house events. Comparing what actually happened with the television editing version, it just leaves me shaking my head at how much the truth was bent her with the skill of the editors.

Dick was doing nothing more than avoid the rejection & elimination he knows is coming. It's common juvenile behavior. Guy going to reject you? No problem, tell everyone you never liked him anyway. Boss going to fire you? No problem, quit first. You going to fail at something? No problem, act like you want that result and that you planned it that way.

This behavior is transparently obvious in both Dick and Danielle.

Her little meltdown was so painful to watch. She's clearly so damaged and deluded and hurt.

Anyone that hasn't seen the youtube clips I'd urge you to check them out. The things Dick says and does aren't bold and edgy like CBS is portraying, but in actuality sick and disturbing. They cut hours down to seconds for TV, and included only Dick's mildest of the mild!

The TV edit makes it seem like this was a well reasoned plan by Dick to draw attention to himself and valiantly "save" Danielle. But actually, it's plain to see he was already gone and is trying now to build a cover that it was his master plan all along.

The way they edited the POV competition including heroic music for Dick's big save indicates they are really trying to honor this fake character they've built.

Bizarre... but incredible story telling.

Too bad though that it almost pushed out the cool sideline of Jen dropping that offbeat comment that triggered Jessica into a weird spiral.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Anyone that hasn't seen the youtube clips I'd urge you to check them out. The things Dick says and does aren't bold and edgy like CBS is portraying, but in actuality sick and disturbing. They cut hours down to seconds for TV, and included only Dick's mildest of the mild!
This was the first week that I started following the updates from the live feeds and other fan sites. Dick wasn't the only one throwing the nasties around. Both Jameka and Amber were laying the curse words on Dick left and right and then hiding behind their religion to justify their actions. But, the stuff Dick said certainly was eyebrow raising. It was beyond vulgar, I don't know how they restrained themselves - I would have pummeled the crap out of him by now.

I do think it was strategy just to ensure the focus would be on him and not Daniele.

It's really amazing the editing job CBS does and how much it can influence how everything looks. Dick had quite the speech at the PoV that actually showed he does have an emotional side and brought some of the members to tears, yet that was not aired. He also apologized to Jameka and Amber saying that the harassment was stopping since he won the PoV and achieved his goal.

Daniele's breakdown was silly and shows how self-centered these people are. They can't seem to have a serious conversation or even a serious argument. It's all about who can yell the loudest and if someone can't win, they walk away. I did like how Jameka stopped Daniele from leaving the room.

I hope the seed Jen planted takes root in Jessica's mind and that Dustin is evicted. It would be great it the vote was tied and it came down to Jessica and she booted Dustin. Heh heh. We'll see...

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I missed the show last night but caught the updates via the web. WOW. What a turn of events. I really couldn't be happier. Heh heh.

Evicted: Dustin
New HoH: Daniele

The votes were 4-2 to evict Dustin. It seems Dick and Daniele campaigned hard to get Eric, Jessica and Zach to form a new alliance. Looks like Amber and Jameka are on the outside now. Not sure where Jen fits in all this. She's still floating I guess.

Dick and Daniele are definately in full gaming mode now. They have huge momentum and are a force. The others better get their game on or it will be one by one they all fall down.

121 - 140 of 299 Posts