Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Banned
1,302 Posts
Not possible to split one line to two receivers. You also want 91 and 82 on both tv as well. You will have to run more lines and possibly get another lnb and sw21 or a dual twin lnb.

·
Banned
1,302 Posts
PS you should bring the thing back to FS and get you money back, sounds like a simple cable spliter which could damage your receiver. Tell the people in the store the same, make a big fuss.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you have 2 lnb's on your dish, this means you are getting both 82 and 91. At that point, if you want to see both signals on each of your tv's you need an SW44. YOu run your 2 sat lines into it and then you can run up to 4 lines out of it. Meanig you can hook up upto 4 tv's and see all the channels on both sats.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The simplist and cheapest way is to use your spare SW21 to run another line into your house for your new receiver. You'll need two short RG6 cables to run from your LNBs to your spare SW21 and a longer RG6 to run into your house. Check out the 9200 installation thread for ideas. Possibly you can split a Dish Pro Plus line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will Leviton Distribution Module Work - use other switch?

We've recently finished building a B&b in the High Arctic (north end of Baffin Island). I have planned on having Satellite TV in each of the guests rooms, and ours of course. To that end I installed our Express VU dish (4 foot) and ran cable runs into the house. From there they attached to a Leviton 3X8 Enhanced RF Distribution Module (2Ghz) which sends the signal to the rooms and the individual receivers. I've been unable to get a signal (there may be other problems as I may have moved into the shadow of the hills).

I recently found out that this Leviton Distribution Module may not work between a satellite dish and receivers. Does anyone know if that in fact is the case, and if so would something like the TERK 5X8 Multi Switch work with Express VU.

Help. My wife needs to watch Canadian Idol & my guests are getting bored.

·
Banned
6,296 Posts
The Leviton 3X8 Enhanced RF Distribution Module will not work with satellite. The TERK 5X8 Multi Switch will not work with EV either. This Aspen switch will work. Most people use two SW44s with these splitters (ordinary cable splitters will not work.) The wiring diagram is included with the Dish SW44s that EV supplies. These switches are designed for use with two dual LNBs. You should be able to use just one side for a one dual LNB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
3 receiver setup?? How to?

Right now I have my 6100 working on one line throught a sw21 and another line feeding my 5900. I have a 4700 at the cottage that I want to incorporate into the mix for the bedroom. What do I need to make it work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
3100's and sw44 switch

Need some help please.

I helped a friend set up a sw44 switch to supply 3x3100 rec.
Now he has a single dual lnb pointed at 91 before he had each line from the lnb going to the 2 rec. he had inside, both lines where registering 100% signal.
so I hooked both cables of lnb to 1a 1b (2a 2b has nothing hooked up)
then hooked up the 3 cables going to each rec. to the sw44.
The rec. coming from out 1(inverter one)is where i hooked up the power inverter before the reciever.
Now the problem, when i turn on reciver i get now signal indication on the signal meter so i do a chech switch and still nothing. tried switching where the inverter goes (and yes switched the appropriate cable at the switch box too) and still nothing, no signal and no switch box detected.
Now I know both lines are good because i have hooked them back up to each reciever(left the 3rd reciver out for now) and still getting 100% signal.

what do i do now, is the switch no good? is there a certain order i need to hook things up? do i have to have something hooked up to 2a 2b (because i am just running 91 only)
Please help
Thank you
Jose:

·
Banned
1,302 Posts
SW44's are meant to be used with 2 dual lnb's for both 91 and 82 to provide signal's from both sat's. A simple 2X4 multiswitch is all he needs for 3-4 feeds on just 91.

I'm not sure if this causing your problem, but I believe it most likely it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply , can you direct me to which kind fo 2x4 switch works best for express vu (91 only) to use with 3 recievers:p

·
Banned
1,302 Posts
There are lots availble for cheap on ebay, a bell tech installed a Eagel Aspen model in my house. I previously used a Zinwell switch, which incidentaly I have up for sale in the DHC Buy and Sell fourm.;)

He can also add a second lnb and pickup some extra channels, like the thunder bay cbc afilliate or SLN (Saskatchewan Legisative Network):p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Duel 2 LNB hook up

I have recently bought my 3rd and 4th bell receivers, with a seconded LNB device. So I have 4 cables coming of the satellite. My question is, Do I have to have a splitter? Or can I run one of the cables to each individual receiver?

Thanks,

Mrdark

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Option 2 is for a Dish Pro Quad LNB that has the switch built in. Bell does not support this option but it works great.

·
Banned
1,302 Posts
Number 2 is the best option, I installed a legacy quad on the weekend, works perfect. You should be able to get one off ebay for under $30 shipped. DishPro is better but you need all DishPro receivers and rg6 cable installed.
Then you can sell the dual lnb's on ebay, and make your money back.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts