Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just visited a Bellworld tonignt for an article and before I left the CRS told me there is a new deal for the bundle. She said, you can now bundle with NO CONTRACT (since March 23, 2005). It's for the 125 year promotion. You only need to finish an existing contract for a service if presently locked into one. She said Bell changed this 24 month contract requirement because too many people were refusing it because of this.

I didn't believe her because just this Monday I received an opposite statement from another CSR at another Bellworld. She showed me a bell employee page on her computer and that's exactly what it said. I asked for a print out, but she said she couldn't. It was only available for Bell employees.

I was in a rush and had to go, but will go back next week to check it more. I'll try to get this in writing next time. I don't trust Bell's word so much now.

DY and any other Bell CSR can you please check this to verify this accuracy of this information.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, mid-March brought about a few changes to the Bundles Programme.

1) Bell Canada long-distance is no longer a requirement. If you don't want to switch back and take advantage of the $5 for 1000 minute plan, you don't have to.

2) Bell Mobility pre-paid and corporate plans can now be bundled. However, they will not receive a $5, unless the corp. plan is over $25 after it's discounts. Can be used as leverage for another service though.

3) Bell services that you currently have will not be reset to 24 month committments as was the policy before. Only new services you order into a bundle will have the committment.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, I have the following:

1) BEV $74 per month, no contract
2)Sympatico 6 month contract, $44.95/mth
3)Mobility pre-paid no contract ( usually $10 cards)

Does this mean I could bundle Bev/Sympatico and only have the 6 month commitment to Sympatico? (I'm gessing $10 pre-paid cards on Mobility prepaid doesn't qualify for a bundle. I think I've read once on the new automatic topup plan they bill $10 but credit $15 in airtime, unused minutes cancelled at the end of the month).

Is this available in writing for download or consultation on the web?

·
Registered
961 Posts
you can bundle what you have, no new contract. the prepaid won't get the $5 discount though so your option whether you include it in the bundle or not. either way you'll get everything on one bill and you can take advantage of the $5 ld plan as well.

nem, who answered

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
velix said:
thanks Nemnoch

Is the edited comment about the topup plan correct?
that is correct...but it is still worth including your prepaid phone as part of the bundle...it gives bell csr's instant recognition that you have all three services...it may save them from tryingh to sell you a cell phone when you call in for a non-related issue, plus it shows that you are a high value bell customer that has all their services.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
dirtyjeffer said:
plus it shows that you are a high value bell customer that has all their services.
Well guess I am low value as I only have BEV and two cell phone accts and no Internet (end of this year to be no cell acct with BEV :) ).

Alt

·
Registered
961 Posts
No. bev requires a minimum 1 year contract. You get a better deal with a two year term and you also get free install. depending on what you are looking for the rental might also be a good option.

nem, who is filling in the blanks

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
Nemnoch said:
No. bev requires a minimum 1 year contract. You get a better deal with a two year term and you also get free install. depending on what you are looking for the rental might also be a good option.

nem, who is filling in the blanks
how bout filling in the blanks of when BEV plans to release the HD-PVR? And pricing would nice as well!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Altaman said:
how bout filling in the blanks of when BEV plans to release the HD-PVR? And pricing would nice as well!
sometime in the not too distant future, and it will be priced competitively...that is all the info available.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I phoned today to cancel Sympatico and the CSR informed me I was on contract from May 6, 2005 to May 6, 2007. I told her this wasn't so. I was an existing customer of BEV and Sympatico when I bundled. Bell did offer the bundle for a while to existing customers without a 24 month contract. She insisted that this couldn't be possible. After going back and forth on this for a good while I told her not to cancel anything until the contract issue is settled. Problem is I can't find the documentation the Bellworld gave me when I bundled the services anymore.

Does anyone working at a Bellworld remember this and what plan can I reference them to correct this?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
any bundling that was done AFTER March 23rd, 2005 will NOT be subject to the 24 month contract...ask the rep to reference a Special Edition Echo dated March 30th 2005...this special edition was released between #24 and #25.

you should NOT be under a contract...this is of course assuming the reason they say you are under contract is due to bundling.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for responding DY. I had hoped you read this.

The understanding I had at the time was I had to finish existing contracts and no new contract was formed if I was on a month to month plan. I was a BEV customer for a couple of years before they even introduced contracts. For BEV I wasn't on a contract. Just before I signed up for the bundle I had signed for 6 months with Sympatico (FutureShop flyer had a $200 gift card for a 6 mth contract). The printout said one year. In any case, since that was in april 2005 even a one year contract for Sympatico is over now. I'll try again later with another csr if this doesn't work, I'll try making a trip to the Bellworld I visited last year to request a printed copy of the contract I signed.

Can I ask to speak to another level of csr if the first level csr is not aware of the bundle offer without the 24 month contract. The one I fell on today did not believe that was possible.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
there won't really be any paperwork the bell world rep can provide you...feel free to go in there and explain and see if a rep can confirm the details with the bell rep on the phone (just quote the info i provided you, they can easily look it up)...if you don't get it resolved when you call bell back, i would suggest going to the store and a rep there should be able to assist you with it...keep in mind, the bell world rep won't have access to any of your accounts, and will really just be getting you on the phone, but at the very least, perhaps they can also confirm all the info to make the phone call go a little smoother than it has for you so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts